Vistor Visa extension Approved...

luckymb

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that my Mother's visa extension was approved yesterday. She arrived on May 5th and I 94 expired on Nov 4th. Applied for Visa extension end of Sept. Was worried sick about the extension of the visa, but thank God that her visa is approved. BTW, this is her 4th visit here, twice on a 6 month visa and twice on 10 year visa. This is her second approved extension.

Lucky

Congrats ....

Do you know what the processing date for extensions are at this point of time

Hi lucky,
congrats! can u pl also share info about the time difference between the 2 extensions. did she go back to India inbetween or were the extensions back-to-back? if she went back after 1st extn, then how long did she stay? any Qs asked at US airport when coming back after 1st extn?
thanks.
cool

Hi Cooldesi,

There was almost 2 years gaps between her visits. So I will not be able to address your concerns about quick visits. Sorry!

Lucky

reason for extension

Congratulations on approval of extension. I am considering applying for my father.

What was the reason stated in extension application?
What all documents were sent for extension?
Which service center was it approved at?

Thanks
immifive.

Hi Immifive,

I e-filed the I-539 application and then sent the following documents:

1. Affidavit of Support
2. Original I-94
3. A letter explaining that since I was not feeling well, I had been unable to take her to diff places and if they would approve the extension I could take her to diff tourist spots.
4. Copy of passport pages.
5. Statement from Bank detailing our account information.

That't it.

Good Luck!

I recently applied to VSC on behalf of my parents.

I sent a copy of the I-94 (not the original) since the I-539 instructions stated that it was OK to do so. Hopefully this will not be an issue

Arun,

It clearly says that it is okay not to send I-94 only in certain cases. For B-2 extension, they definitely wanted the Original. But I have seen cases approved with just a copy also. So Good Luck.

Immifive, btw I had also applied in VSC.

If you couls send some property document of your parents back home - that
also strengthens the case as that shows strong ties and reason to go back.

random.

luckymb,

I re-read the instructions and you are right! Thanks for responding. Man do I feel horrible right now..would sending these in at this time help?

random140: I did send in prop docs, affidavit of support etc

Yes, the form says that the original should be sent but I have seen lot of
approvals with the photocopy itself. So, do not send the original now.

I have also applied for extension of my parents and after reading few posts
of approval with photo copy I did not send the original, as it is better
to have original with you. In case the approval does not come in
time they can leave gracefully before I-94 expires and they can submit
their original at departure.

random

Thanks for the update

I did call customer service on Friday and they strongly discouraged me from sending the original. They said if the officer really needs it you will be sent a letter asking you to provide the same

So I guess we just have to play the waiting game now..

U.S. Immigration has consumed most of our lives, hasn't it..

random140 said:
If you couls send some property document of your parents back home - that
also strengthens the case as that shows strong ties and reason to go back.

random.

Since i don't have much time to get new property affidevit before the visa status expires;
I am planning to send copy of property affidavit ( stamped 2001) which my in lwas submitted to consulate in 2001 (10yr multiple) as their proof of property in india ;

Do you think will it create me any problems for sending old dated documents ? Please suggest ; Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: