Vistor\'s visa and landing papers.

in limbo

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
Can I travel to Canada on a vistors visa after I get my landing papers? If I get my landing papers, I\'d like to go and set up a job etc. before I quit here (USA) and land officially. Will the visitors visa be denied because of the landing papers ?

Thanks

No Title

why will you tell the Canadians that you have the landin\' papers?
jus\' apply for a visitors visa like we all do to visit Timbaktoo...know what I mean? so yes you may

No Title

Please check the new form of Visitor Visa for Canada, here is a column which asks have you applied for Immigration to Canada? if YES give File NO.., So I do not know how one can hide from Canadian Authorities that You DO NOT HAVE LANDING paper? I think one should speak the TRUTH and even if you have Landing Papers please tell them and you can get Visitor Visa no problems. Please do not follow ANIL S advice, if you lie on your visitor Visa application and later it is detected that you have Landing papers your PR status can be cancelled as you LIED on Visitor Visa application. DO not LIE, you can get Visitor Visa!! give them the reason that before landing you want to look for Apartment and some other things to do.

No Title

Thanks. I had read in some places that the form did not include the question about immigration. But if it is on the new form, then I have no problem attesting to the truth. Like you said, lying can get you in more trouble. Some friends and I tried that at a border post when they were going to get an H-1 from Montreal. The border agent was quite pissed at us for telling her that we were visiting canada as "tourists". She basically said, if you are coming for an H1 entry visa then say that, don\'t lie!!