Visitors visa to Canada from USA

Tanvis

Registered Users (C)
My parents are visiting me right now. Their stay is valid until October in USA. They already applied for Canadian visa from India and thats valid until July. But they need to postpone their visit until October to attend to some things here. Would it be a problem if they applied end of August for travel to Canada in October for 4 months? Any suggestions or experiences??

Thanks
Tanvi

Tanvi,
You can apply for a Visa to visit Canada for your Indian parents who are currently visiting you here in the US. You will need to go to a Canadian Consulate (like the Buffalo consulate I went to for my Mom) with all the required documents on the consulate's web site. Given that your parents are already here and not applying from India, please make sure they have a solid explanation for two important questions.
1. Why are they applying from here and not from India?
2. After they complete their visit in Canada, are they sure to head back to India and not return to the US
3. I would advise that you ask for a term of 6 months or less. The lesser you ask for, the easier it is to get the Visa.

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
How Long It Takes To Get The Visa ?

HI;

MY MOM IS IN USA ON B1/B2 VISA. WE applied her visitor visa for canada by mail on Oct.26 and today is Nov.20 and we are still waiting for her passport. We are planning to visit India with her end of this month. I called couple times and fax them request for my mom passport. No answer.....

What should I do ? Please suggest me urgent help if you can.

BM13

Tanvis said:
My parents are visiting me right now. Their stay is valid until October in USA. They already applied for Canadian visa from India and thats valid until July. But they need to postpone their visit until October to attend to some things here. Would it be a problem if they applied end of August for travel to Canada in October for 4 months? Any suggestions or experiences??

Thanks
Tanvi

Can you tell me what documents they took to canadian embassy to get the canadian visa? My parents have multiple 10yrs US visa is it easy for them to get Canada Visa if one has US visa in the passport.

I have a similar situation. I want to take my mom to Canada and then come back. She did not apply from India.

Will she get visa? Will she get a new I-94 when she enters USA?

Thanks.

Documents required for Canada visitor visa

My parents are visiting us in the US. They have a 10 year multiple entry visa. I would like to take them to Canada to see Toronto and other places for a week. I am a GC holder. What documents should I take with me to the counsellate. They do not have any documents to prove that they will return to the US. I would appreciate any information about the documents to take to the officer.

Hi guys, did any one get their parents candian visit visa who came on B1 to US.? Assuming they are currently visiting US and has to apply from US.

Thanks
moltenroc