Visitors visa - non immigration issue

rade

Registered Users (C)
I know this is not the right forum. But I visit this forum often(for 485/EAD issues) and know that some of you can answer my query.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We would like my mother-in-law to visit us for few months.

She is a widow, staying with her married son in India. Her son owns the place where she lives. Even her bank account is a joint account with her son. As of such she does not own any immovable property.

She has every intention of returning back to India.

However, 3 months back when we applied for a visitors visa it was rejected under Section 214(b) (must convince the consular officer of his or her intent to return).

1)Is there any way we can prove she is going to return back?

2)Have any of you faced such a situation and were you able solve it?

Tks for hearing me out.

Pray and Pray

My parents visa got rejected twice within 3 months. After that, What we did is
1) valuation of all properties
2) get a sheet from CA(Chartered Accountant) explaining the details of the property and its value and the total value
3) show some bank balance
4) some fixed deposit

Just appeared for the interview and got the visa> don"t know the logic> it works sometime>

IN YOUR CASE< YOU CAN ask ur in law not to give a situation to ask whether she is a widow or not. and wish the best of luck

1. Show property like GCAspirant123 told. You can add Jewellery to property. Does she have any pension? Widow pension?
2. Do you have any unmarried brother-in-laws? Then you can mention that your MIL would be surely back to get them married!