Visitors visa 221(g) at chennai consulate

ankith2005

My parents attended a personal interview at chennai and were refused, 221(g). only few questions were asked,

how many children do you have in india?
answered 5,
what is your son studying in india
engineering final year,
Are you retired? yes, where did you work?
that's all, he handed over a 3 papers

1. 221 (g) your application requires additional administrative processing,
2. list of documents for H1/H4 or L1/L2 or F1/F2
3. a questionaire which is realted to buisiness visa, asking about which organization is sponsoring, what will you do after study etc.

that also says, do not reapply until you hear from us. this additional processing could take upto 3 weeks, do not call before this time.

and the consular said, you complete this and email to chennaissao@state.gov,

gave all the documents including, stamped the passports with as "application recieved"

I am not sure why the visa was refused. my parents are sending the email with answers to the questionnaire.

Any one with same experience????Any suggestions???????

DID your parents get visa

Hey even my parents were given 221(g) and asked them to email the same stuff. I guess it must be something to do with your dad's job. I mean if he was in a organization which were on technology alert list (TAL), then they do some additional administrative processing. But in my parent's case they kept the passport. Anyways, did you guys hear anything from SAO??

got visa

Yahooooooooooo.. parents got VISA for 1 year. Last week when called DOS they said some agencies cleared and some are pending and it would take another 2 weeks. However my parents received passport today (05/07/05) with 1 year visa stamped. Finally long wait completed . No other details known yet.
Radha

Need details on visitor visa

radha_r78 said:
Yahooooooooooo.. parents got VISA for 1 year. Last week when called DOS they said some agencies cleared and some are pending and it would take another 2 weeks. However my parents received passport today (05/07/05) with 1 year visa stamped. Finally long wait completed . No other details known yet.
Radha

Hello.

I am new to this forum and need some help on visitor visas. We are planning to invite my in-laws to US for a visit, and to help with delivery of the baby in December. After reading the posts, I understand that there seem to be complications in approvals (and a good share of rejections as well).

Can one of you please let me know what the best practices are for applying for visitor visa? My FIL works for state government of AP, and my MIL is a home maker. I would really appreciate any details you can share in this regard.

Thanks.

Prepare your in-laws well for interview

Hi there,
I would strongly suggest you to prepare your in laws well for the interview. people at consulate make most of the decisions based on the personal interview than on papers (it is also mentioned in consulate website). In our case no papers were asked or seen, purely based on interview they made a decision. There are quite a few threads in this forum which gives you the details on type of questions asked and those should help you out.
good luck
Radha