Visitor visa

mdu123

Registered Users (C)
Anyone have an idea how long it takes for tourist visa adjudication when we use Chennai TTS service. The website says 10 - 14 days. Does it take that long or its the maximum they say.

Thanks
mdu123

MDU123 :

It takes 2 weeks for sure. Some times it is taking even 4 weeks also. For my son it took 4 weeks.

Sree

Hi guys, I need to know if there is any rule such that if my parents get visitor visa for 5 years multiple entry, do they need to be in US within a certain time? otherwise the visa is not valid? Please clarify me on this.

Thanks.

pibo

Originally posted by pibo
Hi guys, I need to know if there is any rule such that if my parents get visitor visa for 5 years multiple entry, do they need to be in US within a certain time? otherwise the visa is not valid? Please clarify me on this.

Thanks.

pibo

They can enter US anytime up to the validity of the visa but it will be the date on I-94 that matters when they enter. Basically that date tells you the validity of the stay

karns, thanks for the reply. I did not understand one thing. I-94 does not come into play untill they board the plane, right? I am planning to bring my parents, but they are not sure when they want to come. I sent them all the papers so they will apply for visa soon. But it may happen that they won't come untill next year. Is that okay? Somebody told me that you need to enter US within 3 months of the visa atamping date. Is that right? Please help.

Thanks,

pibo

Somebody told me that you need to enter US within 3 months of the visa atamping date. Is that right?

It's not correct. Technically, you can enter any day within the validity period on the visa. But usually one can expect issues if the expiration is in coming days from the day you try to enter.

You are also right about I-94. That only comes into the picture once you have landed into US and officer let you in at POE. I-94 decides the legal stay in US.

Question...

If a visitor has a 10 year multiple entry visa but if the sponsor's H1 expired, eventhough a new one has been applied for, will the immigration check if the sponsor's visa is still valid or not, does the visitor need to carry the latest valid visa copy of the sponsor?