Visitor visa rejected twice in Mumbai, India in Jan 2004

julie123

Registered Users (C)
Can you help in answering and reading this message?

I want to bring my mother in United States for visiting me and my spouse, and showing her different places. She is less than 60 yrs so she does not qualify for drop-box option.

My mother’s visa was rejected twice in Mumbai office this year (2004). Reason was that the consulate felt she would not return back to USA. She had all documents present during the Interview, but the consulate never looked at her papers. She also pleaded to the consulate to look at her documents but the answer was no.

Can this happen because there was some thing the consulate saw in the application paper and then rejected her visa, or is there any dress code she has to wear in order to get selected. She had wored Saree and went for interview.

In a year, can she apply as many times for visitor visa (since Jan 2004) after her visa gets rejected, or there are only three chances after which she has to wait till next couple of years?

We are thinking may be in the application form she may not have written convincing answers to the consulate.

In the visa application form located at URL: http://www.immigration.com/frame/reqvisa.html
what can she write to following questions:

26. How Long Do You Intend To Stay in The U.S.?
27. What is The Purpose of Your Trip?
28. Who Will Pay For Your Trip?
31. Have You Ever Been Refused a U.S. Visa?

We were thinking she can stay here in U.S for 3 months since she has to go back to look after my younger brother who is still in college. Purpose would be tourism and meeting my daughter and son-in-law. Payment for the trip will be made by me and my husband. For #31, she can write yes, since she was refused U.S visa twice. Is it necessary to attach copies of the refused visa given by the consulate?

Does she has to pay once again the application fees which is around Rs 7,500, when she goes to apply her visitor visa for third time?

This might be of significance so I am asking. Why did she apply alone? What about your father? Is he alive ? I am asking cos I have seen if the father is no more then consulate tends to reject the mothers visa assuming that she will never return to India.

Debo_nair17,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your answer.

First she applied with my father. Both their visa were rejected.
So she applied for the second time.

So for both times her visa was rejected.

Please advice.