Visitor Visa Refusal

shiva25

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My parents visa got refused five times (new delhi consulate) under
214-b saying that they don't have any strong ties to prove that they will return back to india. I am the only daughter,I am a GC holder and my husband sponsered the trip since I am not working.

Now my question is that will my son's birthday function invitation help in any case since my son is turning two this july , or a congressman letter can help.
I know that none of these are sure for getting the visa but just to boost up the case.

Gurus kindly help.

Thanks.

You being their only child (correct me if I am wrong) is probably the reason your folks got 214(b) 5 times. Congressmen wil lnot be able to help I am afraid. State department officials (interviewing consuls) have sole authority to decide whether ot grant or deny visas. How far are you from naturalising?

Hi,

I am the only child and we got our GC only two months back in Feb,2007.
Can my son's birthday invitation help them to some extent, as I said that he will be turning two this july.

Thanks.

The invitation is worth a shot. Who knows it might break the hoodoo. When I was getting married in the US, I sent a copy of my K-1 visa and an invitation card to 3 single male cousins of mine in Pakistan. Their ages were 24, 22 and 29. I fully expected them to be turned down. Amazingly all three of them got 10 year multiple entry visas. This was back in 2003.
I wish them good luck. May #6 be their lucky charm!!!