Visitor visa - I-94 extension question

kichas

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the i-94 extension for my parents.

My parents are visiting for the third time (they have 10 yr multiple entry) and this time they got only 3 months stay in their I-94.

The customs official in IAD airport was were very rude and behaved very ruthlessly before issuing this 3 months approval.

I have these following four questions :

1. Can they leave the country i.e to Canada and enter back after couple of days and they may get 6 months approval ? Is it true ? Has anyone done this before ?

2. Incase of extending through submitting I-539, Do I have to send their original I-94 or just a copy is enough ?

3. What happens if we don't get the approval notice from INS before they leave the country after 6 months and in the airport what needs to be given when they ask for I-94?

4. I am filing for my father and mother, do I need to include the fees of $140 for both them or I can add mother as dependent to my father's application?

Has anyone faced any issues in extending their parents stay ? Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Krish

My mother had the same problem when she was visiting US for the third time in 2000. At that time I applied for extension and later as INS was taking a long time to decide on these cases she had to leave before she received the new I-94.
when leaving the country she showed the application that was given for extending the visitor visa.
Idonot remember if I submitted the original I-94 with the application.
she stayed in India for 1 1/2 year before coming back to US for the fourth time and there was no problem at that time as she came in with her green card

Thanks ssrini..that really helped.
BTW, what is the procedure for applying for GC to our parents ?

Krish