Visitor Visa for wife and kid

NNF

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am a landed immigrant, and am currently working in the US. I have visited Canada a couple of times since getting my PR status.
However, my wife and kid are not landed immigrants.

When I visit Canada next, I would like to take them with me.
My questions are:

a) What is the likelihood of their visitor visa being approved? In the visitor visa application, there is a question, which specifically asks if 'you have any relative who is a landed immigrant'. To that question, my wife would be answering 'Yes' and giving my information.

b) Assuming that they do get the visa, and we all travel by road in a rental car (I have not yet done the paperwork to take my car to Canada), what are the chances that the immigration officer at POE (Niagara Falls) would refuse entry since it would seem that we dont have any plans of leaving Canada once we enter. Would carrying a letter from my employer indicating my employment in the US help? In that case, would it seem like I dont really want to be a landed immigrant, and then the immigration officer would create problems about me entering Canada?

I would really appreciate it if someone in this situation who has undergone the visitor visa process could comment.

Thanks.