visitor visa for unmarried sister

aggie2002cs

I want my parents and unmarried sister to visit me. I believe that it won't be a big problem as my parents are old, and they have a house in tamil nadu. I don't know how to show evidence that my sister would come back. She's 30+ and not married, and she's living with my parents. (My other siblings are married). Could someone please give some ideas. I am on H1B visa, and initially entered US on F1.

Should I first ask my sister to apply for visa, and ask my parents to do so. Or, is it better for them to apply together. My parents are 60+, so I guess they don't have to go physically to chennai consulate.

Please help!

visa for sister

Hi,

Is your sister employed? Then, probably she could show letters from her employer or a leave sanction letter. I am in the same boat as yours, except that my sister is 22 and will be completing her studies this may. Please post your experience.

Thanks

Thanks prisri! My sister is not employed. I guess there's nothing solid that we could provide than a verbal promise. Could someone please give some advice?

Similar Case

I am trying to sponsor my parents & my sister with niece. My sister is married , working and her husband stays there during the visit. My niece will be on summervacation and they'll have documentation to that effect.

My question is would it effect my PARENT's chances of getting a visa if all of them go togetjher?

Would it be better for them to go seperate?

Is there any case(s) wherein in a group some are given visa and some not- Like they'd gibve my parents & reject my sis & niece.

THANKS IN ADVANCE>

Last edited by a moderator:
read experiences

I have read experiences at a different forum ( www.immihelp.com) where parents were granted visa, but sister was not and parents were granted 10 yr visa, but sister was given 1 yr visa. I guess it all depends how good and convincing the documents are, but as per us consulates website, nothing influences another person's visa.

Hope this helps!