Visitor visa for S'Pore while going for CP interview

vermontcp

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
I am on H1B visa and will be going for my vacation + CP interview in mid-janauart timefarme. On ym way,I want to stay in Singapore for a day for sightseeing/shopping purpose. I have heard that the visa regulations in S'Pore are changed now
Do you guys know what the latest visa laws are for S'Pore?
Do I need to get a visa from consulate in USA itslef or they issue visitor visa at the airport itself?

Thanks!

Originally posted by vermontcp
Hi folks,
I am on H1B visa and will be going for my vacation + CP interview in mid-janauart timefarme. On ym way,I want to stay in Singapore for a day for sightseeing/shopping purpose. I have heard that the visa regulations in S'Pore are changed now
Do you guys know what the latest visa laws are for S'Pore?
Do I need to get a visa from consulate in USA itslef or they issue visitor visa at the airport itself?

Thanks!
Have you tried asking someone at Singapore consular section?

Not sure about the latest rules - but last year I visited Singapore and got Singapore visa from NY consulate within a day without any problem. They needed employment letter and US visa status information. I also have heard that they still issue visas at the airport - but those with non-US and non-European passports should better try to get visas before departure in my view.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Originally posted by vermontcp
nope! where is the singapore consular section?

Check the internet for Singapore's consular offices near your place of residence. Then give them a call.

I called them up and they said that I can still get 96hrs visitor visa at the airport but it will be at the officer's discretion.

S'pore visa

Few years ago, I stopped over in S'pore for a day
on my return journey from India.

The immigration guy at S'pore wanted to know
if I had a green card! Said they generally
provided transit visas to Indian nationals
only if they are PRs of other countries ...
But he grudingly did stamp my passport with
a transit visa.

I suggest spending a few bucks to get the
tourist visa from the consulate.
(transit visa is free).