Visitor Visa Extention

sash369

Registered Users (C)
hello all,

I know this is not the right forum, but i would really apretiate if anyone can answer to my question.

I want to apply for a Visitor Visa extention for my in-laws. Their I94 expiry date is Mar 15 and i want to apply for an extention till June 30.
Do i need to send the passport along with the application?
(I know we do not need to send the I94)

Thanks in advance
sash

don't bother. 99 % of the time they won't approve. also they may have problems when they try to come again.

my two cents. others may advice.

DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL PASSPORTS.

You can apply and get the receipt. That is sufficient for the visitors to stay here. Anyway, the adjudication will not come before they leave, as far as I have heard.

Apply ahead and make sure you get the receipt before the current visa expiry date.

Other issues might be.......

IF they are travelling by Lufthansa, on the date of travel, if the visitors do not have a valid stamped visa in their passport, they will be required to take a transit visa. In the German consulate website, it says that you need to have a valid visa for getting a transit visa.

Enquire about all this before extending....... (even for other airlines)

I am just giving the information that I have and do not mean to discourage you.

Good luck!!

>>I want to apply for a Visitor Visa extention
f>>or my in-laws. Their I94 expiry date is Mar
>>15 and i want to apply for an extention till
>>June 30.
>>Do i need to send the passport along with
>>the application?

>>(I know we do not need to send the I94)

Sash369,

you DO need to send the original i-94 and not the passport. !

If the application is accepted, they'll send a new I-94. If not they'll send the old with the stamp extension rejected. Either case, the stay is legal till you get back the I-94 after processing. Just make sure you get the receipts before expiry of the current I-94

-Ramakriya

unless there is a medical emergency, filing the extension will jeopardise theie chances for future travels to US.