Visitor visa extension

achyuth

I am planning to extend visitor's visa for my parents. They already have a 10-year visa. I know this is not the correct forum, but I don't see many seniors/experts visiting the visitor visa forum.

I need to send the filled application form along with a copy of the tickets. When my parents came, they came here with a 1-way ticket. I have three options of dealing with this -
send the application without the tickets
send a copy of the refundable tickets (the fee for cancellation is like 50 or 100 bucks per ticket) and refund the tickets after sometime
send a copy of the non-refundable tickets - but changing dates on this is very expensive (around 300 bucks per ticket).

What do you think?

If you want to send the tickets. Go to the nearest airport and get virgin atlantic tickets ( refundable)on credit card.Remeber Refundable tickets are expensive. You will get 100% back on refund.

don't extend visitor visa , not sure for 10 year multiple

rejection occoured bcos the 1st time visitor visa was extended ( no 10 year multiple in this case).

anyhow try to avoid. hard but please avoid complications

I know it is not a smart idea to extend the visa. My wife will be starting a new job and I would rather have my son (3 months) stay at home with my parents than putting him in a day care center.

What is the worst that could happen to my parents the next time they want to visit us - rejection at POE and what are the odds of that happenning. They can try to come back again even after that.

Frantic,

this was in sep 2002.... I don't know if things might have changed after that. I just took a chance and it got approved.

Frantic,

I sent appl for my mother (1 yr visa) this Jan. Still waiting. I didnt want to put my daughter in the daycare. I sent the appl with 35$
refundable ticket. I think by the time we get the approval or rejection it will be already 4 mths.

Frantic,

Are you going to submit with the application I-539 the original I-94 card . it is clearly written on I-539 form to attach original I-94.

I did the same for my mother. she too has got 10 year multiple visa. applied in Jan 03 still waiting and no answer.

you can also e-mail me if you want further details.

RD : Jul 2002.
ND : Jul 2002.
FP : Sep 2002.

Thanks for all your replies. jvs1, can you give more details about the refundable ticket you are referring to.

Sky_Drow, please check your PM.

visitors visa extension

Originally posted by jvs1
Frantic,

I sent appl for my mother (1 yr visa) this Jan. Still waiting. I didnt want to put my daughter in the daycare. I sent the appl with 35$
refundable ticket. I think by the time we get the approval or rejection it will be already 4 mths.

Generally when we have to apply for extension of visitors visa
some body said...3months after entering USA..
Can we expect approval with in 3 months of remaining period from vermont??