Visitor visa extension denial and next visit Exp.

sangihari

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My mother have 10 year mutliple entry visa. She visited here two times so far (first visist during 2001 and second one during 2003). On her second visit, we applied for extension and got denied after I-94 expiry date. She went to India within 10 days. From the information on ******** and several sites, her visa is void now. But I called Chennai consulate and they told us that they have nothing to do. As of they concerned, 10 year visa have been granted. It has to taken care by USCIS and port of entry. Does anybody have experience like this. I wanted how people are coming with 10/5 year multiple entry visa after extension denial. Thanks in advance.

Do you have the copy of the receipt of extension and denial notice and the tickets when your mom left the country after denial?? If yes then let her have a copy of those and when she comes back she can show it to the officer at POE. It should not be a problem.

if you have the documentation of denial letter and immediate departure, she should be fine.

Please post how it went to help others

My Parents have applied for extension of stay in thier last visit and were denied. They left about two weeks after the recieving the denial letter. This was in May '04. They have 10 year VISA. They came back on May 19 '05 through SFO and were granted 6 month stay. They were not asked about the previous stay.

VK

Thanks and I have same

My mother came safely on March'05 after the last extension denial during 03. They didn't ask any questions.

b2 visa : is there any time limit

Hi,
My mother got visa on dec 23rd 2004 and some of my friends told me that she has to fly within 6 months from date of getting the visa , i.e. she supposed to enter USA before june 23rd 2005 otherwise her visa will be cancelled. Is there any such rule?

Thanks,
Jitender

There is no such rule and they can entery any time before visa expiry date. Visa expiry date can be found on visa page. That's more important. Even if it six months visa , the expriy date will usually be 2-3 years from given date.

Thanks

please advice

my mom has a similar case, she stayed for one and a half month, after her 1-94 expiry, based on the fact that we filed for an extension, but then hers got denied, but she left long befor we got that denial.... the cases stated above are all for multiple entry visa, but hers was a year visa.. and needs to go again, for stamping, will this affect her visa stamping.....

B2 extension denial

Sangihari and Vkolli:

The first time your folks' extension got rejected, did they stay beyond their original authorized dates? For eg., when the original port of entry stamp is for 6 months, I am assuming that you applied for their extension BEFORE the 6 th month period, got the denial letter AFTER the 6 month period and THEN left the US.

Is my assumption correct?

Thanks,

Mom granted six month stay after extension denial during last visit

My mother was granted a six month stay at SFO after her extension was denied during her last visit. No questions asked.

more information please?

buddyboy said:
My mother was granted a six month stay at SFO after her extension was denied during her last visit. No questions asked.

Can you please share when her extension was denied, how many days/weeks after the denial letter did she leave?, did I-94 expire by that time and after how long did she come back? Thank you.