Visitor Visa as a Student from Canada

sticker883

I am currently studying in a University in Toronto. I am in my last semester (2 months left). I am planning to visit USA (east coast most probably) just for a week with my friends in 2 months, they all have visas already. I am worried that since this is my last semester, the official might deny my visa application because he might think I will not come back.

So Is it even worth trying?

Yes. why would you assume, you wont a get a visa....simply apply.
gather the required paper and apply ASAP to avoid any delay.

Then you can apply for the USA visitor visa, I think it may take some time, but you will get the visa.
All the best...

You do hold a passport from a country that has a high rate of fraud and over-staying. Seeing that you do not have permanent resident status in Canada, your chances are around 50% in my opinion. Apply for a visit visa and see what happens. Best of luck.

Chances of a visitor visa with just months remaining on your canadian student visa are remote. You're likely to be asked why visit the US now versus in the past. Not saying you will overstay, but you will soon relinquish your best tie to canada. Not overstaying in other countries in the past is a bit different compared to the US.

Keep us posted if you apply and how it goes.

If you have PGWP in Canada, thatd be a good tie for folks at the consulate. Not saying you will or will not get the visa since everyone's circumstances are unique, i have seen many students studying in canada get visa without much issue within a day or two. As others on the thread say, just go ahead give it a shot and see how it goes. Have faith....