visitor\'s visa for 30 days

485tester

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
 CAN anyone tell us that is this news was confirming that visitor\'s can stay only for 30 days.I knew this discussion was irrelevant to this board.
Thanks.

we all have relatives

whom we would like to visit us here.

Normally people who come from India to USA stay with us for three to four months. And if INS is going to give them only 30 days visa it would be a major problem for us. The expense of coming all the way from India is very high and therefore people like to make this trip once in a lifetime and spend 3-4 months here.

Yes, there is apparently a talk about cutting short

the initial stay to 30 days. I read it in www.shusterman.com about 10 days ago. The item may still be appearing in the window when you go to that site. Hope this helps.

Go to the website www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphic...edback.htm

and tell INS that you are against this plan.

Sample Letter;

Commissioner
Dear Sir:

This mail is to comment about the proposed Immigration law, revising the 6 months visitor visa to 30 days.

As travel industry has already bounced on this, we wish to bring to your attention that this law would have the greatest
impact on our lives as foreigners, since we have our parents and family coming to the USA to visit us and spend time with us
and the proposed change will almost cut our relation either with our family or with the USA work industry.

More over, cutting short the stay in USA will never help INS preventing Terrorism. Perhaps a better visa processing procedures
including a check on credentials of the visa seeker in their home land or relaxing the proposed law for ages above 50 would help.

Please reconsider your proposed change, as it does not stand to your goal of preventing terrorism.

Sincerely,

Good idea..

This is really bad news. Do you have any idea when this would take into effect, if it is approved? I heard lot of people are against it..

-julywaiter