Visiting the Nebraska Service Center

burmesenymph

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Does anyone know if we can visit the Nebraska service center and personally talk to someone in the case of an extreme emergency?

I submitted the I-131 application lat wed via express mail, and it was received by the Nebraska service center by Friday morning but I havn't even gotten a receipt number back. I've ask for the case to be expedited but I need to leave the country by January 16th. If I don't I would suffer severe financial loss.

I've been calling the USCIS customer service everyday since then to find out more information about my case, but they can't help me at all. I even made an infopass appt to talk to someone from the local office and again it was of no help.

I'm pretty desperate. If anyone know of anything that I can do please let me know. Can I visit the Nebraska service center and get this problem resolved in person?

thanks so much

I think you can infopass Nebraska service center itself and go there personally but I doubt they can help you, they will not expedite it because of a visit.

now the question did you include a letter explaining your circumstances with your application? did you write "Expidite Service Requested" on the envelope? Can you use your NP to travel?

Good Luck

I did write a letter and put in a copy of all the letters and documents as proof of my situation.

My passport is expired, and i'm a permanent resident as a result of an refugee status so i can't renew my passport either. I was using the re-entry as my passport to travel and I had to send in the old re-entry permit. My old permit expires in 2010 but by then I'll be out of the country so I need a new one to get back into the states since I don't have a valid passport.

If I make an infopass appointment will I be able to talk to someone from the Nebraska service center then?

Thanks Raziel

I tried to do an infopass using zipcode 68501 "since it is NSC zip code" but I couldn't get the NSC, I'm not sure you can infopass them, try calling them for an appointment.

I think you did the best you can.

Thanks Raziel, I will try calling them.

btw, I found this phone number (402) 438-0014 when I typed in the Nebraska service center address in google but when I called it rang once or twice and then the call ended. Is this the center's phone number?

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can visit the Nebraska service center and personally talk to someone in the case of an extreme emergency?

I submitted the I-131 application lat wed via express mail, and it was received by the Nebraska service center by Friday morning but I havn't even gotten a receipt number back. I've ask for the case to be expedited but I need to leave the country by January 16th. If I don't I would suffer severe financial loss.

I've been calling the USCIS customer service everyday since then to find out more information about my case, but they can't help me at all. I even made an infopass appt to talk to someone from the local office and again it was of no help.

I'm pretty desperate. If anyone know of anything that I can do please let me know. Can I visit the Nebraska service center and get this problem resolved in person?

thanks so much

Well sorry to tell you this but even in emergency situation, it takes 3 weeks, door-to-door to get a RP/RTD. It takes 1 week to generate the receipt. The best you can do is renew your NP and use that. This is a perfect situation where your using NP is warranted because of the circumstances.

Hi wantmygcnow,

What is the RP/RTD? I'm sorry I don't know the acronyms. And I'm assuming that NP means passport? Do you know of any way an asylum can renew his/her passport? I thought that I couldn't renew it.

thanks

nvm, just figured out what RTD means... but what do you mean by 3 weeks door-to-door? Do you know how this process works?

I think that I do have 3 weeks. It's been over a week since I sent my application but less than week since the USCIS received it. I still have close to 3 weeks left before i have to leave (Jan 16th). I really need to get out of the country by then.

On a different note, what if I request to have my old re-entry permit sent back? It won't expire until April 2010 and I can use it to get out of the country. Will they let me do that? I can request the new one to be sent after the old one expires or after I send it back so that I won't have 2 valid documents in my hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burmesenymph
Have you received your Notice of Action? I'm in a similar situation like you are. I sent my I-131 app VIA expressmail and it was received on 12/15/09. I have not received anything from them and I'm not sure what to do.
Did you schedule an INFOPASS?

Hey raisinb

Yup, I scheduled an infopass appt w/ a local center and went to the appt, but basically they told me the same thing that the USCIS customer service told me. That they can't interfere w/ the nebraska service center case processing and that they can't contact them either w/o a receipt number. I was literally on the verge of tears, and the guy just looked bored.

I havn't received a receipt number yet so I can't make an inquiry about my case. If you have then you can call the uscis customer service number and ask them to inquire about your case to the nebraska service center. It's called a SRMT inquiry. It's the same thing as sending a letter to the nebraska service center about ur case, but just a little bit faster. It's the only way I know of contacting them. There's also a fax number that I got from some other website (1-402-219-6325 ) but I dunno if it works.

I don't think that I'll get the new permit back in time. So, I'm just waiting for my receipt number so that I can cancel the application and ask for the old re-entry permit back. Hopefully, that won't take a month and hopefully they havn't shredded my old one yet.

On a side note, wanna take a road trip to Nebraska? lol, I'm really desperate and I dunno what else to do anymore...

well, good luck on your case.

I'm sorry that the infopass wasnt helpful. I havent received my receipt either. I was thinking of scheduling an infopass. I guess it doesnt help that it's holiday time. Thanks for the info, I'll call customer service tomoro. Not sure it will be of any help though.

Hi wantmygcnow,

What is the RP/RTD? I'm sorry I don't know the acronyms. And I'm assuming that NP means passport? Do you know of any way an asylum can renew his/her passport? I thought that I couldn't renew it.

thanks

RP is Return Permit and RTD meants Refugee Travel Document. Since you are Burmese Nationality, you can renew your passport by backdoor, backdoor services are open at Malaysia. Contact someone from Malaysia who is living in KL and know the process of backdoor about MNP and ask them about Renewing your passport, you can send your NP by USPS or Fedex, you will get within 5 days.

burmesenymph
I received my receipt/NOA yesterday. No biometrics appt letter though.
I also had an infopass appt last week and the Officer told me that they usually batch the I-131 forms and process then when they have a large number. So he's sure they'll be processed soon.