Visiting India On AP: what docs to take ??

peace0901

Registered Users (C)
Visiting India On AP: what docs to take ??
Hi
Friends
I am visiting India on my AP (first time).
What documetns should I keep in my possession ?
Please list the docs ......

I got two copies of AP doc from the INS....(One with the photo and the other without (I got an emergency AP)

I am planning to take with me copies of

1. AP (how many copies do I need???) Also, pl let me know your experience at the point of reentry??)
2. I-485 Notice
3. EAD copy
4. Employment letter.
5. AP pending notice (this is not proocessed yet)

Q1. Do I need anything else????
Q2. Do I need to turn in any forms (in addition to I-94) at the time of leaving???

If you are coming back to US via London then you need Direct Airside Transit Visa.

140 approval notice also

i am taking the courtesy copy just to be on safer side. check on transit visa requirements acc to airline that you are flying with.

Might be obvious, but try traveling through Asia instead of Europe. The planes are newer, the service is better and your Indian passport is welcome anywhere :). Only thing is that the flight time is longer.

Hi peace0901,

1. AP (how many copies do I need???) Also, pl let me know your experience at the point of reentry??)
-- I had three originals and 3 photocopies just in case needed at the point of departure. Did not get to use the photocopies and the immig officer stamped only one original.
At the point of re-entry(Dec-26,2003 SFO), I was sent to secondary inspection. There the officer looked at the papers and took a little time going through them. Then he stamped them and returned them. No questions asked.

2. I-485 Notice
--I was carrying..

3. EAD copy
-- I was carrying EAD.

4. Employment letter.
-- Yes, and I was carrying last 2-3 paystubs also..

-- Not sure, if you have applied for a new AP..

Also I had returned I-94 and a copy of I-485 at the point of departure since my I-94 was expired. Not sure of the pros and cons..

Originally posted by san_1
Hi peace0901,

-- I had three originals and 3 photocopies just in case needed at the point of departure. Did not get to use the photocopies and the immig officer stamped only one original.
At the point of re-entry(Dec-26,2003 SFO), I was sent to secondary inspection. There the officer looked at the papers and took a little time going through them. Then he stamped them and returned them. No questions asked.

2. I-485 Notice
--I was carrying..

3. EAD copy
-- I was carrying EAD.

4. Employment letter.
-- Yes, and I was carrying last 2-3 paystubs also..

-- Not sure, if you have applied for a new AP..

Also I had returned I-94 and a copy of I-485 at the point of departure since my I-94 was expired. Not sure of the pros and cons..

I carried all the above.

. I would keep the pending AP notice at VSC center but will only give the Local issued AP to the officer, as pending notice does not mean anything.

This is what I did.