Visiting from Germany

Tesfa

Registered Users (C)
Hello all, I need your advise on this please.
My girlfriend and daughter who are currently in Germany would like to visit me here in the US sometime in FEB.
She will be a Germany citizen by then. She applied for a visitor visa and was denied last November. My question is after becoming a German citizen would she have trouble visiting the US.
I greatly appreciate your opinion and advise.
Best regards

Hello all, I need your advise on this please.
My girlfriend and daughter who are currently in Germany would like to visit me here in the US sometime in FEB.
She will be a Germany citizen by then. She applied for a visitor visa and was denied last November. My question is after becoming a German citizen would she have trouble visiting the US.
I greatly appreciate your opinion and advise.
Best regards

You don't mention where she is from originally, but I assume it was a country that does not participate in the ESTA program. Germany does. So, once she has German citizenship she may be able to apply through ESTA. She would need to mention the denied visa application. Sometimes that causes the ESTA to be denied but not always - however it is safer to be truthful. If she gets the ESTA approved she can travel and whilst there is always a risk of being denied entry at the POE, it is greatly reduced.

Thanks for your quick replay.
I am sorry but I dont know what ESTA mean.
But she is originally from Ethiopia.

Thank you so much for your advise.
What other things do you think she should have to max her chance of getting the approval?

Thank you so much for your advise.
What other things do you think she should have to max her chance of getting the approval?

The ESTA is computer based - simple questions. So - it is what it is. IF she is denied the ESTA, she would then need to go to the US embassy and apply for a "normal" visitors visa. In that case she would then need to show ties to Germany such as job/home/and so on.