Visiting Canada (Niagara) with parent

shan_s

Hi, I am an US Permanent Resident. My mother currently with me has a 10 years B2 visa and an I94 expiring in Aug 2002.

We are going to get a Canadian Visitor Visa for my mother for our 2 days trip to see Niagara. My question is when we re-enter the US, what will be the formalities in the US immigration - Especially after September 11?

1. When we leave US immigration to drive into Canada, is there anything we need to tell/do?
2. Does she get to keep the same I94 or it will be re issued?
3. Is there anything I need to be concerned about when we return back into the US after the 1 day trip into Canada?

Any information/ experience shared will be most appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Shan

Get Visitor visa first.

Visit Canadian Embassy first and get visitor visa. I think, you and your parents are not US citizen and GC/H1 holders. so, you need Canadian visa.

There is single entry and multiple entry visa are there. You have to go in orning to Embassy and between 8 to 10 AM, you have to appy. then, you will get passport stamped within 4 hours.

At Canadian border, you have to show your passport while entering in canada. While entering back in USA, they will look at your pasport, and let you come in USA.

Visit: www.cic.gc.ca

No Title

Thanks VSShah for the quick reply. We are planning to get Canadian visa in two weeks. However I have one more question.

Do we need to turn in the I-94 to the Canadian official when we cross border into Canada? Or we can keep the I-94 as we will return back to the US the same day? By the way we are planning to take the roads to Canada.

Thanks Again,

Shan

They will not remove I-94 from your passports.

They will not remove I-94 from your passports.
but for the precaution, just keep photocopies of your I-94 at home, it may be helpful in GC application in future.