Visited CSC at Laguna Niguel

Sid522

Registered Users (C)
Finally got fed up trying to connect by phone and decided to visit the CSC in person. The wait wasn\'t very long (about 15 minutes). The lady IIO was very courteous but not very helpful. First I asked her for the status of my case. She told me that our FP and background checks were received on 1/29/2002 (hmmm...our AVM says on 12/29...processing resumed). I then asked her if our case had been assigned to an officer and she said that it was pending. I asked her if she had any idea when it would get assigned to an officer and she said that my case was in line (as you can see very standard responses). She did not seeem to know what I meant when I asked her when the case would be assigned to an officer. She then gave me another standard answer.... You should hear in 120 days by mail on the status of this case.

So all in all a very disappointing visit. The only useful info I got was that our FP and background checks were cleared and rec\'d by the INS on 1/29 (instead of 12/29 which the AVM said). At least that was not lost like some poor souls on this board. Anyhoo, I guess it is back to trying on the phone again (hopefully v get lucky this time and are able to connect).

Good luck to all. In spite of these setbacks I feel that our approval is around the corner in the next week or so.

What time were you there?

Could you please give me more details about what time were you there?
B\'cos a friend of mine wants to go there the reason is his RD is 02/2001 and fp in june even his AVM has not updated it still says the first message 965 days blah blah. He is frustrated. I applied in may 2001 and got approval on Jan 28th.

Address for CSC Laguna Niguel

Chet Holifeld Federal Building
24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor
Laguna Niguel, California

Open Monday through Friday (9:00 AM to 2:30 PM) excluding holidays

The Counter is staffed with Immigration Information Officers to answer questions about the petitions you filed with the California Service Center and your general immigration questions.

Information taken from INS website. Please follow the hyperlink
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/california/aboutus.htm

Correct address...

But the entrance is near the South Entrance, so when you enter the parking lot drive around the building and you will see the South Entrance and next to it you will see a ramp. You need to go up the ramp and you will be able to enter the area where the IIOs are available at the counters to assist you.

We were there at around 1:00 PM and were out of there around 1:50 PM. Hope this helps...

sowvishy,

There\'s no need to go to the CSC in Laguna Niguel. most of the Immigration Information officers at the counter are inexperienced. they won\'t give you any valuable information besides your FP quality. I live in Orange Country and have been in that office twice. It isn\'t worthy. Just send a fax to division 4 clearly explaining your case

No Title

Dont you people have any other work? And what the heck you expect by visiting INS office. A royal treatment and handover GC card to you. Come on guys

Hey mera... cool your heels

What we do on our time is our business, so back off. We take the time to write details of our experience so it may possibly help others, and we can do without criticism such as yours in this process, ok? Remarks such as yours will just make people shy away from posting possibly useful information.

Some people take hours to try the phone line and still don\'t get connected, so who\'s to say that visiting the CSC is a waste of time (as compared to trying the phone), especially if the whole visit takes only 45 to 50 minutes. Besides if this post had not existed we would not have known that the IIOs at the counter are fairly inexperienced and that we may get a better response with a clear fax to division 4.

Hope you get my point and rein in your criticism the next time.