Visited by ICE

I totally agree. My case was filed around Nov. of 2007 and our interview was Feb. of 08. All I have is EAD and I got to renew that plus my DL yearly. They can literally put your life on hold, it's ridiculous. Without a green card, I can't work many places, can't travel freely out of the US, can't get federal grants/loans etc. It's really frustrating.

Just want to say I understand your frustration. Many people here share those difficulties. I've been unemployed due to my status (even though I got college degree), haven't been able to renew driver license etc. It's killing me everyday - no job, no driver license, no travel.
I hope things work out for you and please keep us updated.

Hello Everyone,
Quick updates.
We had our interview which lasted 3 long hours. They were really trying to get us. I think we messed up on 1 or 2 questions but everything else was good. This was back in June. A month later I've received an RFE which I provided and sent back to USCIS.
Last week wednesday I had my figerprint appointment since the last one I had taken was back in 2006 so expired.
This week end I received the good news that I was approved and welcomed as a permanent resident.
So after 5 long years, here it is.
Thanks to this forums and everyone who helped because I'd probably still b waiting if I didn't find out bout the mandamus lawsuit.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.
Regards,

Hello Everyone,
Quick updates.
We had our interview which lasted 3 long hours. They were really trying to get us. I think we messed up on 1 or 2 questions but everything else was good. This was back in June. A month later I've received an RFE which I provided and sent back to USCIS.
Last week wednesday I had my figerprint appointment since the last one I had taken was back in 2006 so expired.
This week end I received the good news that I was approved and welcomed as a permanent resident.
So after 5 long years, here it is.
Thanks to this forums and everyone who helped because I'd probably still b waiting if I didn't find out bout the mandamus lawsuit.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.
Regards,

i am still waiting for mine,its 10months now and i will also like advice on what to do,for me i have not contacted the congress because i heard it will make them angry,but i have made like 3 info pass already,i called the 800 number and i was told twice that i should make info pass and give them i call back.so friends advice me on what to do.

We had our interview which lasted 3 long hours.

Wow that is an extremely long interview. Was it more of an interrogation and were you allowed to have a lawyer present during the interview? Are all 130 interviews this long or only some marriage ones where they have suspicion of something?

Wow that is an extremely long interview. Was it more of an interrogation and were you allowed to have a lawyer present during the interview? Are all 130 interviews this long or only some marriage ones where they have suspicion of something?
Very long indeed. It was more of an interrogation type interview. We were separated and I was there for bout 2 hours and my wife only for 30 minutes and together for another 30 minutes. We had a lawyer present at the interview.
I don't think all 130 interviews are this long only the ones suspected of fraud.

i am still waiting for mine,its 10months now and i will also like advice on what to do,for me i have not contacted the congress because i heard it will make them angry,but i have made like 3 info pass already,i called the 800 number and i was told twice that i should make info pass and give them i call back.so friends advice me on what to do.
Don't bother about those infopass or calling the 800 number unless u can directly talk to an IO who can actually tell u something relevant about ur case. Anyways I wouldn't worry about uscis being angry or such. If u are really married, don't worry about that let them be angry and just do you. I would write anyone from congress, senators, ombudsman to white house for now, u might just be lucky. Anyways if that doesn't work out just sue them, but if they have any doubt on ur marriage, be prepared for anything.
Good luck friend

yea thanks a lot we are really married but less than a year,we went to the congress office after i made an info and they said under review,so let see what the congress will bring,if the want another interview we are ready no RFE is since interview we let them good and lot of document during the interview so we do not see any reason for all this long wait,but some x i believe country you are from after your AOS.

We had a lawyer present at the interview.
I don't think all 130 interviews are this long only the ones suspected of fraud.

Yeah I can imagine with a sibling or parent/child sponsorship there can't be as much of a possibility of fraud lol. Did your lawyer actually do anything useful or impressive during that time, did he interject and advise you not to answer certain questions or was he pretty much powerless and just taking notes as he watched the whole interrogation?