Visit by Asylees

LAMBOO

Registered Users (C)
I and my family have applied for AOS after grant of Asylum (from India) last year. My mother who is 83+years is sick and is loosing her memory gradually. Since we can't go to India and see her so we planned to go to Nepal where we can invite our ailing mother and other blood relations to meet us at our place of stay in Kathmandu. I enquired from Nepal embassy in Washington D.C. for stamping of tourist visas in our Ref. Tr.Documents but the person in counselor section told that no more stamping of visas in RTD but you can travel on your valid Indian Passports without any visa. As I read this forum every day I understand that we Asylees should not re-enter USA on Advance Parole if we hold RTD other wise we abondon our Asylee status. I emailed to Napalese Immigration people in Kathmandu about my concerned visit to Nepal but of no avail( no reply). I also emailed to Nepal embassy in Washington D.C and no reply. Can any one suggest me any course of action to visit Nepal and re-enter USA after our brief visit without any problems. Is it possible to exit Nepal on our RTD since this is the only valid document which can be shown to airline and immigration people to get into the airplane to come back to USA? I am really very disturbed to know about my mother's health and her loosing ability to recognoise her grand children as well. We all wanted to see her before her demise.:mad:

LAMBOO said:
I and my family have applied for AOS after grant of Asylum (from India) last year. My mother who is 83+years is sick and is loosing her memory gradually. Since we can't go to India and see her so we planned to go to Nepal where we can invite our ailing mother and other blood relations to meet us at our place of stay in Kathmandu. I enquired from Nepal embassy in Washington D.C. for stamping of tourist visas in our Ref. Tr.Documents but the person in counselor section told that no more stamping of visas in RTD but you can travel on your valid Indian Passports without any visa. As I read this forum every day I understand that we Asylees should not re-enter USA on Advance Parole if we hold RTD other wise we abondon our Asylee status. I emailed to Napalese Immigration people in Kathmandu about my concerned visit to Nepal but of no avail( no reply). I also emailed to Nepal embassy in Washington D.C and no reply. Can any one suggest me any course of action to visit Nepal and re-enter USA after our brief visit without any problems. Is it possible to exit Nepal on our RTD since this is the only valid document which can be shown to airline and immigration people to get into the airplane to come back to USA? I am really very disturbed to know about my mother's health and her loosing ability to recognoise her grand children as well. We all wanted to see her before her demise.:mad:

You can go using your NP but make sure you have copies of pages with entry-exit stamps available for USCIS. Also make sure you have your RTD with you (critical).

Guys, did u see the date of the initial post? Almost 3 years ago! I guess your replies are a little bit late! :)