• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visas Approved....

Agu

Registered Users (C)
I'm glad to announce that our visas ( my wife and I )have been approved...will be in Texas next month.

Dear vladek
let's say someone has been issued a visa and entered the US, how long after that will he need to grant him the American passport (citizenship).
regards,

After 5 fully stayed years, he can get the citizenship.

5 years as long as you are not absent for longer than 6 months during that period, google "USCIS continuous residence requirement". There are a few exceptions, usually if you are based with an official US government agency job abroad, but for most green card holders this is unlikely.

I'm glad to announce that our visas ( my wife and I )have been approved...will be in Texas next month.

Hey Agu, First of all, Congratulations. Could you please share your interview experience with us?

Experience:
CO: good morning and welcome
Me: thanks, how are you?
CO: fine, what's your highest educational qualification?
Me: answered
CO: When did you come back from Germany
CO: what's the date of your marriage ?Me: answered
CO: Did you do national services before you left for your studies in Germany.
Me: Yes
CO: when?
CO: Do you have any baby?
Me : Not yet
CO: No question for your wife, your Visa has been approved, come and pick it up in a week time. Thank you for coming
Me: thanks

The CO was laughing all through d interview....it was simple

Hey Agu, First of all, Congratulations. Could you please share your interview experience with us?

Hi Agu,
All my congratulations to you and your wife.
And enjoy your new life in Texas.

Could you please share your process and interview experiences.

Thanks

How do I get job easily in Texas....i have BEng& MSc. in Petroleum Engineering.
Please advise