visa wait time?

Suitcase@door

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone please help

i received an I-20 form and paid sevis fee based on that i-20. now when i wanted to make an online appointment for an f-1 visa i read the visa wait time for the first time now i am a bit confused. it says students are encouraged to apply early. now how early ?
the shcool im attending they say i have to be there on august 15th..so i planed to have an interview in Casablanca, Moroccco on late mid july which is a month before starting date...is that not enough time? if not, then if i have to change the attendance date to, say, January 2012, then i will have to request another i-20 for winter semester, so i have to pay another $200 of SEVIS?????????:mad::mad:

have any f-1 visa applicants been issued a visa the same day. or same week of interview? i hope so

One month is sufficient time I believe. I think you can apply as early as 3 months in advance. My visa was issued the next day after my interview. But you usually will know if your visa application is successful immediately after the interview.