Visa to Singapore and Malaysia

talie777

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to travel to Singapore and Malaysia at the end of November and was trying to find out the visa requirements for RTD holders. I contacted both embassies via emails and faxes and receive no responses. Anyone has similar experiences and/ or can provide any advice? Thanks in advance.

Btw, I applied for my RTD in mid-July and received it on Sept 26.

talie777 said:
I am planning to travel to Singapore and Malaysia at the end of November and was trying to find out the visa requirements for RTD holders. I contacted both embassies via emails and faxes and receive no responses. Anyone has similar experiences and/ or can provide any advice? Thanks in advance.

Btw, I applied for my RTD in mid-July and received it on Sept 26.
i travelled to singapore on RTD in august of 2004. i believe they gave me 2 weeks when i went through immigration. they were a little baffled by the RTD, but nevertheless let me through. whew! no experience with malaysia though. good luck!

I just came back from a trip to Penang 2 months ago in August with my Refugee Travel Document.

It was quite troublesome to apply for a Malaysia visa. I had to call the Malaysian consulate in Washington DC and submit a whole bunch of documents (I live in San Jose california, the LA Malaysian consulate won't deal with me).

Have to submit proof of employment, bank statement, and a bunch of other documents. Good thing I received my green card while I was sending them all these documents and sent them a copy of my document too.

teenygirl said:
I just came back from a trip to Penang 2 months ago in August with my Refugee Travel Document.

It was quite troublesome to apply for a Malaysia visa. I had to call the Malaysian consulate in Washington DC and submit a whole bunch of documents (I live in San Jose california, the LA Malaysian consulate won't deal with me).

Have to submit proof of employment, bank statement, and a bunch of other documents. Good thing I received my green card while I was sending them all these documents and sent them a copy of my document too.

Teenygirl, what is your ND?