Visa Stamping

waitingforgc04

Registered Users (C)
Visa Stamping..with multiple extensions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,
I have an approved 7th year extension till Feb'05. Now I am planning to apply for 8th year extension(as you can apply 6 months in advance).

I plan to travel to India in Dec this year...

My question is that if I get my 8th year extension till Feb'06, then when I go to the New Delhi US Consulate for VISA Stamping, would they stamp VISA on my passport till Feb'06...?

Any inputs/similar experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

In the same situation...

Hi waitingforgc04,

I am also in a similar situation as you are. My employer and attorney say I should not have any problems getting the visa until 2006. But I won't be 100% convinced until I hear from someone with a personal experience in this situation.

Btw, which consulate will you be going to. I have an appt. with Chennai consulate in the first week of Dec. Since your appt. is in dec too are you planning to do premium processing.

Thanks

Hi CT123,
I will be going to the New Delhi consulate.
I am NOT planning on doing premium processing as I am expecting to get my 8th year extension approved before leaving for India( first week of Dec).

Also, I am plannning to go to the Consulate in 2nd week of Dec.(I still have to make reservations as the dates for that timeframe are not still open on www.ttvisa.com)

Till when do you have your 7th year approved and where and when did you file for your 8th year extension. Mine is in Vermont.

Good Luck..

Hi waitingforgc04,

My 8th year extension is until March '05 and my 9th year (applied last week with CSC) will be valid until March '06.

tHANKS

Hi CT123,
Now I am in a dilemma, as to what I should say when making reservation at www.ttvisa.com

They ask for your # EAC-XXXXXXXXXX and also till when do you want your extension.

Now I have approved 7th year extension till Feb'05, but as I have also applied for 8th year extension, that I should get in the next couple of months, should I give that EAC-XXXXXXXXX and date of Feb'06..?

Any suggestions..?...anyone

Hi waitingforgc04,

In my case I did not have the WAC/EAC number when booking the appointment so I gave my existing WAC# valid until Mar '05. I guess (my opinion is) in your case if you already have the new WAC# you could give that info (provided there are no problems in the extension's approval). Also, I learned from a post in a different thread that if you give the currently approved WAC# in the appt. details then there is no way to modify it and you will have to cancel and rebook it.

I am just going to go with what I have right now and plan to present my new approval papers when I go for the interview. I understand this is a risk but at this time I don't have a much options.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you hear anything else.

Btw, do you know or heard of anyone getting their H1-B visa beyond 7th year stamped in india after the interview process started. I am wondering what kind of questions to expect during the interview.

Thanks.

Hi CT123,
I talked to my lawyer regarding the issue of putting which EAC # and approval date and she suggested me to write to US Consulate in New Delhi and ask them about the best solution to my situation.

Well, I did that and in 48 hours got a reply back and they said that put your current approved information when making reservation, and that bring your approved paper that you have available when you come for the interview and they will evaluate it there and then. I guess you plan to do this so that should be fine.

As far as the questions, I have not run into anyone specific with 7th year extension, but there have been ppl. who have been posting here and they have said that it's the general questions like where do you live?..How much you make and stuff like that.

I guess one needs to carry ALL the documents relevant to your case and hope that things go smooth.

Good Luck..