Visa stamping experiences at TT Services, New Delhi ...

No Title

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your answer, I\'ll ask the attorneys.

BTW, besides I129 and LCA would I need "certified copies" of any other documents?

Also, www.visa-services.com (Mumbai\'s drop box site) states nothing about certified copies, except I797 which should be original.

Thanks again
-Siddharth

NEED HELP H1B

Hello All,
I am planning to go to india. I would need to get my H-1B multiple entry done in delhi. Everybody at my work place is scaring me for this. Is there a reason to be concerned? Is there something that I can get so that I am allowed to enter US once for a few days, so that I could sell all my stuff and break the lease and all, even if my visa gets denied in India.
any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Need Help

Hello Prashant,
I need help. I am going to India in a couple of weeks. Am planning to get my visa stamped there (H1 multiple entry). people at work are scaring me.. Is there a reason to be concerned? is there something that I can get from here that would ensure my entry to the US like temporary... so that I could take/sell my stuff and go back home??

Don\'t be concerned ...

Dear singhj,

I think there is no reason to be scared about going to India for your H1B stamping - other people seem to have a habit of scaring others without any rhyme or reason. I was able to get my stamping done without any problem, and know MANY others who got their stamps without any problems what so ever.

As for taking something from here that would ensure you a temporary entry back to the US, I\'m not sure if that would be possible. You might want to post a separate message on this forum to ask that question.

Hope that helps - Prashant.

So do we need to make an appointment or not?

My wife is going back to Delhi to get her H-1 stamp for the first time but she has a student visa previously. The question is, does she need to make an appointment or use the drop box facility/use the 12-12:30pm time slot? How many passport photos are needed?

thanks

Your Answer ...

Dear srikanthsiva,

Since this is an H1 Visa case, she will most probably have to use the drop-box, even if this is her first applying for this Visa. In fact, the TTS web-site will not even let her schedule an appointment with the Embassy - you will only be able to schedule a time slot with the drop-box system.

Also, you will need 2 passport-sized photos - you can get the complete list of required documents here:

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in1/wwwhl_h.html

Hope that helps - Prashant.