Visa stamped expired.....Expecting AP anytime...

mdu123

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My H1 and I 94 in the passport has expired. I have a new H1 which is valid until Jan '04. I also 've an approved I 140. EAD is approved but I have not received the card yet. AP is not yet approved. Hoping to get it also in a week.

My wife is traveling next week. Can she come back with the AP if I send it to her after I receive it or should she carry it before she leaves the country.

Thanks & Regards
mdu123

The candidate who files for AP needs to be in US.It is a legal requirement. However in view of practical problems arising out of slow AP processing some people have taken chances by leaving without actual AP approval and have succeded.

As long somebody is there to send AP to her I think it is OK. Note that she is taking a chance here by leaving US without AP approval.

AP is checked not while departing but upon re-entry to US.

I have silght different case

My wife's AP would expire in Feb 2004.
H1 is expired,
She is planing to visit india in october trugh jan 2004.

I don't konw is it safe, I don't think she would get renewal of AP before she leave(october) . and as per I understand from comment that person has to be in US untill approval of AP.

So what are options,
1. start travel after receiving renewal of AP?
or is there any safe alternate.

Thanks

Sanjaypatel9

As she is comming back by Jan'04 while the AP is valid till Feb'04, I do not find any reason for your to alarm or apply for new AP !!

Hope this helps !!

I traveled outside the US with an AP

while I applied for the second one....

My Case:

1 st AP Approval Date : 05/1/2002
Travel Outside US: October 2002
I 94 with Paroled Status until 04/30/2003
2nd AP Applied for :Jan 2003
Travel Outside US : March 2003
2nd AP Approval : April 1,2003
2nd Approval Mailed by the lawyer to India : April 5,2003
I 94 with Paroled status from the 2nd AP : 04/30/2004.......

Hope this helps......