visa screening for H4 to H1 ??

abatra

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am in the US since August 2005 on H4 and have done my graduation(4 'n half years) in physiotherapy from India.I have applied for licensure for NY state and am taking the NPTE test as soon as my credentials are verified and evaluated by FCCPT and NYSED respectively.
I am aware that I will be needing a sponsor for my visa conversion to H1.
My question is: Do I need to apply for 'visa screening' for visa conversion from H4 to H1 once i get my license to work?
And when is the right time to look for a sponsor and proceed with filing of H1?

Thanks ..

since you have plans on applying for work, once you pass the exams and visa screening, apply or look for an employer who would sponsor the greencard.

abatra said:
Hello,

I am in the US since August 2005 on H4 and have done my graduation(4 'n half years) in physiotherapy from India.I have applied for licensure for NY state and am taking the NPTE test as soon as my credentials are verified and evaluated by FCCPT and NYSED respectively.
I am aware that I will be needing a sponsor for my visa conversion to H1.
My question is: Do I need to apply for 'visa screening' for visa conversion from H4 to H1 once i get my license to work?
And when is the right time to look for a sponsor and proceed with filing of H1?

Thanks ..

thanks cool_change,
my credentials verification is taking time..once im thru wid it i wil proceed wid visa screening.does it make any difference if i get type 1 done from FCCPT b4 NPTE.or shld i go for type 2 after NPTE.rep told me i can apply for type 1 now cos anyway my creds r being verified for NYSED.
i appreciate ur views,
thanks

have you taken the english exam? if not, tehn i suggest that you get a sched to take the toefl IBT exam, before you apply for visa screen.

also, with india therapists, most of the times they lack general credits and you would be required to take some units to complete the requirements for type 1 visascreen, so i would suggest that you sit and pass the NPTE and the apply for type 2 visascreen.

abatra said:
thanks cool_change,
my credentials verification is taking time..once im thru wid it i wil proceed wid visa screening.does it make any difference if i get type 1 done from FCCPT b4 NPTE.or shld i go for type 2 after NPTE.rep told me i can apply for type 1 now cos anyway my creds r being verified for NYSED.
i appreciate ur views,
thanks

Oh is it ..i asked the rep abt applying for type 1 or 2 and the answer was apply for type 1.even i think type 2 is better.Wil do so..And im taking TOEFL iBT too..
thanks for the info,
god bless

hi
if ur willing to apply for new york go for fccpt new york credential evaluation.after ur credits r evaluated take the npte exam..then apply for type2.
remember u can only apply for type 2 once ur done with npte and hold license in one of u.s states.
so, i suggest you to take TOEFLibt while waiting for ur credntial evaluation and then take NPTE and apply for visa screen.
or u have other choice also..if u need visa screen..apply cgfns...be cautious tht grads after 2003 need masters while applying for cgfns.
choice is urs dear..
good luc..

thanks physio1981..wel thats wat i think..type 2 is better..i dint knw creds verification takes so much time..anyway just waiting for it and in the meantime im taking toefl ibt.got a date for june!!
wat does it mean that 2003 n up grads need masters? i mean i got thru wid my internship in june 2003..so applies to me too?? just clarifying hope i dont need it for type 2 though.im in no hurry to get a visa screen b4 my npte..
i appreciate ur views.

Rn

hi GURUS,
my wife is on H4, she is gong to pass her RN & NCLEX from Texas. does she has to give english exams or TOFEL what ever is needed or she just has to go for Visascreen. Please rply urgently. thankyou.