VISA Revalidation(Urgent)

simy

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am going to submit my passport for revalidation.
I have some questions for form DS-156 and DS-157

DS-156:

As i am in US what should i answer for below.

item 15: Home address (Should i write my home country address or current US Address

item 22: When do you intend to arrive (i am already in US)

item 25: Name and telephone no of person in US who you will be staying with or visiting for tourism or business
Name Ph Business Ph Cell Ph

item 26: Have you ever been in the US?

item 34: Name and relationship of persons travelling with you.

Form DS-157

item 13: List all professionals, social charitable organizatiob to which you belong(Belonged) or contibute(contributed)

Also i am sending h1b and h4 should i include all the fees in one money order or it should be per applicant?

I have two I-94 one expired on 31st dec 2003 and one which is attached to I-797 (My lawyer got the copy of fax received for approval and i can see new I-94 is attached with it) so should i send both with my passport or only the new one which is attached with I-797 approval.

As my previous I-94 expired on 31st dec 2003 and the new attached one says the validity period from 7th july 2004 to 31st dec 2006. Is this be a problem as i have about 6 months with expired I-94?

Pls some one can answer me as soon as possible then it would be a great help. As i am running out of time 16th july is on my head. I am about to receive my H1b transfer approval by monday as they already sent on 8th july

Thanks,
Simy :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

simy said:
Hi All,

I am going to submit my passport for revalidation.
I have some questions for form DS-156 and DS-157

DS-156:

item 15: Home address (Should i write my home country address or current US Address
------ US address

------- it will allow only future date?

item 25: Name and telephone no of person in US who you will be staying with or visiting for tourism or business

------if you are staying with spouse , write spouse name
-------- mention all the entry detail ( recent one in the column)if it need sapce , attach Sheet and mention in the covering leter

-------since you are in US , leave it

Form DS-157

item 13: List all professionals, social charitable organizatiob to which you belong(Belonged) or contibute(contributed)
-------I put no.

Also i am sending h1b and h4 should i include all the fees in one money order or it should be per applicant?
---- separate ( for each applicant 100+ reciprocity fee )

I have two I-94 one expired on 31st dec 2003 and one which is attached to I-797 (My lawyer got the copy of fax received for approval and i can see new I-94 is attached with it) so should i send both with my passport or only the new one which is attached with I-797 approval.
----------I -797 will be having a new I-94 (basicaly unexpired one)

As my previous I-94 expired on 31st dec 2003 and the new attached one says the validity period from 7th july 2004 to 31st dec 2006. Is this be a problem as i have about 6 months with expired I-94?
----------I hope no

Pls some one can answer me as soon as possible then it would be a great help. As i am running out of time 16th july is on my head. I am about to receive my H1b transfer approval by monday as they already sent on 8th july

Thanks,

Recently I applied & I got help from Ginnu (thanks).
I hope this may help.
manishraj

simy said:
DS-156:

Current US Address

simy said:
Date you last arrived

simy said:
Home address with your own name

simy said:
Yes. With date first arrived.

simy said:
Names of spouse or anyone else travelling with you

Form DS-157

simy said:
None (if none)

simy said:
Per applicant. Visa can be approved or rejected per applicant

simy said:

I am presuming you had a valid I-797 for the duration of 12/31/03 - 07/07/04. According to the rules, you can stay in the US with a valid I-797 as long as you had a prior H1 and your transfer of H1 has been applied or approved - else u were out of status for the duration. You definitely should send the new one. Also, (I think) the last one you used to enter the country (You should double check on this part though)

simy said:
All the best!!

Hi,

Thanks to you both. That is helpful.

One question: As you said i should have valid I797 for the period of 12/31/2003 to 07/07/2004.

But i don't have as my previous H1 expired on 12/31/2003 and same time i applied for H1b transfer And transfer is approved just now and it says validity 07/07/2004 - 12/31/2006.

Hope its OK.

Thanks,