VISA revalidation/Stamping in New Delhi

diwan42

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am going to Delhi next month and I want to get my new VISA stamped for my new H1B from my new employer.

How are things in New Delhi counslate? how much time is it taking? should I use a drop box or stand in queue? I am on short visit of just 20 days, and I would like to get this done ASAP.

All advice is welcome.

Thank you,

Dewan_ji

the best way for saving time....???

Thanks for sending that link. I got it !

I fig out that though this is my second VISA stamping (an extension) I will go early morning and sweat out in the queue...

coz, I also figured out that even if you go for scheduled appointment your docs are not handed over to you but posted to your mailing address !!! (now wat is the gurranty that Indian postal service will get your passport and 'more important than life' docs to your doorstep safe!) thats only one concern, second is TIME !!! the whole thinge here is time! this is to be done within 20 days!!

secondly drop-box is not an option at all (from above link) as embassy is going to call 'all the people' for personal interview irrespective of their case. so why add an extra mailing delay?

so i will stand in queue. if you think otherwise, i am all ears.. and always thankfull to your advice. (thats why this post :) )

Thank you.

Dewan Ji

You cannot apply at the consulate no more without an appointment. I was at Delhi consulate in Feb. 2003 and there is no more queue. Better take the appointment at the website right now because they were pretty full at that time.