Visa Revalidation Processing time

Do not worry, even they have stamped the same stamp of cancellation without any prejudice over my expired earlier H-1B visa stamp. I did not withdraw my application and just recvd the passports back today with the new stamp. I think this is typical.

No sign of passport yet ( gone since Feb 10)

Originally posted by Debasis Chakrabarti
Recd passport after stamping.
For all those still waiting,
SL SD 02/08/03
SL RD 02/10/03
Visa Stamp date 05/08/03
Mailed back: 05/12/03
Passport recd. 05/13/03

Did not know what the DC date was as the only time I called up on 05/09/03, the lady refused to give out that details telling me to wait another week.

------------------------------------------------------
Hi Debashis

could you please expand the abbreviation SL SD and SL RD ?
I had sent my passport for revalidation around Feb 10 ( lawyer has exact date). I am still waiting to get it back.

Did you call the St Louis number (202-663-1213) ? Is there a separate DC number to call ?

Thanks
kharghosh

sorry for replying late...
SL SD means St. Louis sent date
SL RD similarly means St. Louis received date.
The number I called was 202-663-1225 After that option 1, 0 to talk to an officer... it was about a 40 minute hold time...ultimately the lady said wait for another week...before calling back...that was a thursday, i received my passports the following tuesday morning.
Debasis.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Debasis Chakrabarti
Recd passport after stamping.
For all those still waiting,
SL SD 02/08/03
SL RD 02/10/03
Visa Stamp date 05/08/03
Mailed back: 05/12/03
Passport recd. 05/13/03

Did not know what the DC date was as the only time I called up on 05/09/03, the lady refused to give out that details telling me to wait another week.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Hi Debashis

could you please expand the abbreviation SL SD and SL RD ?
I had sent my passport for revalidation around Feb 10 ( lawyer has exact date). I am still waiting to get it back.

Did you call the St Louis number (202-663-1213) ? Is there a separate DC number to call ?

Thanks
kharghosh

phanikiran,

If your passport has a valid unexpired visa then you can travel with your current visa stamp from Company A. Just Make sure to carry I-797 of the new visa from company B.

This is from US Dept of State Website

If you changed employers and received a new I-797, Notice of Action, petition approval from the Department of Homeland Security (formerly called INS), you may re enter the U.S. with a valid visa in the appropriate category and the valid I-797 from your new employer, even though the visa is annotated to reflect your former employer.

http://www.travel.state.gov/revals.html#1

aksmks

visa revalidation

hi,
I send my passport on Feb 25th, reached on Feb 27th ... i havent got my passport yet... has anyone in this time frame received their passport with the revalidated visa?

I have my submission on exact same date. No news yet. Will update as soon as I get something. Expect the same as well.

rphil,

I am in the same boat.

St Louis recvd date Feb25th

I called the number and had to wait for 2 hours almost. The lady told me that they are processing last week of Feb applications now.

We should be receiving it in a week -- according to her.

Hope this helps,
agasthya

H1B - H4 Visas in Chennai Consulate

Hello ,

Actually my situation is

1. My Visa stamping expired on 01 st April 2003
2. I have a valid I-94 till Nov. 2003 and i also have valid H1 till Nov. 2003
3. I sent my Passport for revalidation on March 11 th 2003., so far i didn't recevied my passport .
4. I am travelling to India on June 15 th for my marriage

So what z the procedure i have to follow in case my passport was not stamped by June 15th , and how many bussiness days before do i have to withdraw my application to get my passport in time for my travel .

And can i send my passport and my wife passport at the same time for stamping H1 & H4 in India , Hers is first time H4 stamping ,Do you guys see any complication for applying visa in Chennai consulate.Any additonal precautions we have to take for these stampings ..And normally howmany days it is taking for visas in chennai.

I really appreciate you help in providing the information ..

Thanks in Advance

Shyam

Got my passport with VISA stampted today!

Sent Passport for stamping on Feb 24th.
Never called inbetween
Received Passport with VISA on May 27th.

Good luck for those who are waiting!

Can anyone tell me the documents needed and fees for Passport Revalidation?

Thanks for the help

Passport received today!

Sent to St Louis on 28th Feb (2 day FedEx)

Stamped on 22 May 2003 (L-1A revalidation)

Mailed out on 23rd May, received 27th May 2003

Please note - I sent in the following:-

1. Passport (Irish)
2. Original I-94 stapled into passport
3. Forms DS-156, DS-157, NIV-27a (even though I'm a girl and didn't need to send all those)
4. 2 passport photos (1 was returned)
5. $100 visa processing fee money order
6. Valid employment petition (I-797 Notice of Action, L-1A extension approval)
7. Comprehensive letter from current employer
8. FEDEX credit card-paid mailer
9. Letter from myself outlining the contents of the package and requesting the re-validation.

I've been lurking, but many thanks to all who have helped and posted on this board.

Syren74
:)

thanks syren!

looks like it is at 88-90 days as of now!
feb 27/28 are being received as of now.
--
SL SD april 24
SL RD april 25
checks encashed - may 1
stamping date ???
--

Even my docs reached ST Louis on 27th Feb... i havent got it yet.... i hope it will come this week

rphill

did u get the PP today or
did anybody get the PP sent on Feb 27th to St.Louis?

Thanks in advance.