visa revalidation at sl for specil reg. people

Re: advanced parole

Originally posted by capstone26
What is AP and how can I get it. Can I apply for advanced parole while in H-1B. I though it is only for the guys who are wating for the I-484 for more than a certain time. Thanks!!

I have heared from a friend in Cisco that one of the Pakistani guy just go revalidated from ST/DC. He is a single guy. I guess it depends and luck. I have visa till Jan 2004. I will visit home before it expires and come back and then apply. Thanks

Hi capstone,

Yes the only way you can get Advance Parole is if you have filed the I485 petition, so if your Labor for permanent resident has been approved then you can file concurrently I140 and I485 and the AP and EAD. Now after the approval of AP and EAD then you may decide if you want to continue H1B or use EAD. You can also travel then on AP and maintain the H1B status if you are not using EAD card.

As far as travelling you must take advice from your attorney if its appropriate to travel. Personally i would travel only if my Visa expires 6 months after the travel just to be on safe side.

Good Luck

Travel

I did it before when I was student with F-1. I re-entered US while the visa ( Stamp ) was valid for next two weeks. I have H-1B till
April 2005 and stamp till January 8th, 2004. I will come back before Dec.23th. INS also stamped over my visa in passport that my statu with H-1B is till April, 2005. Is,nt it simple; entering US with a valid visa for next two weeks??? Do you know anythig otherwise??? My employer is filing my LC ( RIR ) this month.
INS also did not take my special registration since my last entrence to US was after OCT,2002. I Called to INS this week and they told me that I do not need registration even though I am from SR country since my last entrence to US is after OCT, 2002.
They gave me in written; they also told me that for me there are no PO entry/exit restriction.Please, advice. I just traveled this Feb.2003. Advice !! Are you a lawyer

Hi! capstone26-

I did not understand " INS also did not take my special registration since my last entrence to US was after OCT,2002. I Called to INS this week and they told me that I do not need registration even though I am from SR country since my last entrence to US is after OCT, 2002".

Is there a new law that if you re-enter US after Oct, 02 you need not to go for registration at Local office as well as at POE & Exit?
I re-entered US on 7th July, 03 & have been registered at POE & was also instructed to visit INS local office between 30 to 40 days of my date of re-entry in US.

Originally posted by safdarali
Hi! capstone26-

I did not understand " INS also did not take my special registration since my last entrence to US was after OCT,2002. I Called to INS this week and they told me that I do not need registration even though I am from SR country since my last entrence to US is after OCT, 2002".

Is there a new law that if you re-enter US after Oct, 02 you need not to go for registration at Local office as well as at POE & Exit?
I re-entered US on 7th July, 03 & have been registered at POE & was also instructed to visit INS local office between 30 to 40 days of my date of re-entry in US.

I am also confused as to why he isn't required to do Special Registration but if he has written evidence then he may be safe also it maybe that his Country wasn't listed until after Oct 2002 and it hasn't been a year yet. Usually everyone is required to register once every year and if they go on travel then they gotta show up at Port of Entry/Departure that they are leaving. There are cases when ppl didn't show up at POE and later were denied entry to US. Bunch of friends went on travel and when they came back they have to visit the Local BCIS office to Register in like 30 days. If you are using Advance Parole then you are not required to go for Special Registration atleast two of my friends told me that.

Capstone no i am not a lawyer and i gave my advice is just to be on safe side since things are changed now so one must use precautions.

SR Country/Visa reval

Let me explain ok. The economy was bad and I was going to get laid off with all other group members in a very large Japaneise Telecom Company. I called my previous boss and she offered me a job with H-1B. What I did, I got the new job offer and got my H-1B within two week. After I got it, I went Bangladesh for a trip/vacation on Feb.2003. I was prepared for a POE registration. As soon as I arrived in Atlanta POE ( Atlanta International Airport),
the INS officer saw my passport consist of previous employer's visa stamp and I am seeking entrence with new employers I-797.
She got confused; She was not aware of the new rule that the Dept. of State released ( can travel with existing visa stamp with new employers I-797). She started to look for the visa stamp for teh new employer; she could not find any. She went to ask her boss and the Boss says, let him get in since he has visa stamp (H-1B even though he has new I-797). She came back and stampped my passport until April, 2005 and gave me an I-94. She did not take my registration. After that I went to the local INS office and they told me I do not need any registration since my last entrence is after Oct, 2002. I told her to write it down and give me a copy. She wrote as follow:
Bangaldesh,Jordan, Egypt, Indonesia, Kuwait males 16 or older admitted as a non immigrant on or before 9/30/02 and will be in US at least until 3/28/03 only need to register.
I asked her that the POE did not take my registration also, she told me that you are not in to that catagory. Last week I called to BICS and they told me the same. I wrote down the INS officers ID number. She also told me that you can travel from any POE or Exit. But I will not take any chance. i will must meet the INS officer and ask him again and then leave to make sure that I am getting in. Any Advice !!!

New & Usefull info for the citizens of

"Bangaldesh,Jordan, Egypt, Indonesia, Kuwait males 16 or older admitted as a non immigrant on or before 9/30/02 and will be in US at least until 3/28/03 only need to register."

I HAVE SENT MY PASSPORT TO ST LIOUS

A O A

TO ALL OF ALL

I AM FROM PAKISTAN AND I AM MARRIED AND I AM ON H1B1 SINCE FEBURARY 2000

I GOT MY H1B1 VISA STAMP FROM PAKISTAN IN NOVEMBER 2001 MY FIRST THREE YEARS EXPIRED IN NOVEMBER 2002

I HAVE SENT BOTH MINE AND MY WIFE PASSPORT TO ST-LIOUS ON JULY 10TH AND MY DC RECEIVED DATE IS JULY 27TH

I THINK I WILL GET MY PASSPORTS BACK IN SECOUND WEEK OF OCTOBER AND I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD

BUT I KNOW A LOT OF MARRAIED PEOPLE FROM SR COUNTRIES WHO GO THEIR VISA REVALIDATED FROM ST-LIOUS

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION PLS E MAIL ME tanveer45@hotmail.com

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU

WS

AHMAD

visa revalidation

What about whom are not married; single. I reniewed once before. What documents are they sending with the application.

Re: visa revalidation

Originally posted by capstone26
What about whom are not married; single. I reniewed once before. What documents are they sending with the application.

It appears that the Visa services are Stamping visas for Married people whether they goto the Embassy/Consulate or send it to the State Department for Re-Validations. But for the Single person, sadly they are doing a background check. Now is it safe to get married and apply? There are no gurantees either so just cross your finger and hope for best.

CASE FOR MARRIED

A O A

YES THIS IS TRUE IF YOU ARE MARRIED THERE ARE 99% CHANCE U WILL GET VISA AND IF U HAVE KIDS THEN THERE ARE 100% CHANCES TO GET THE VISA . I KNOW A LOT OF SINGLE GUYS WHO WERE REFUSED VISA AND A LOT OF MARRIED AND COUPLES WITH KIDS WHO GOT VISA EASILY

IF ANY BODY HAVE ANY QUESTION PLS CONTACT ME
TANVEER45@HOTMAIL.COM

TANVEER

I m single and canadian immigrant too. which consulate in canada is better for revalidation h1b.

Do u know, how much time is required for interview date.

thanx in advance

malik

Go for any consulate other then Toronto. I recommend Ottawa. Also if you are planning to go for stamping then better have an appointment ASAP. You can check it on web by entering Fake info & that will take you the appointment availability page.
nvars.com

I GOT MY VISA VERY EASILY

AO A

TO ALL OF YOU

I AM FROM PAKISTAN , I SENT MY AND MY WIFE PASSPRT FOR VISA REVALADIATION IN SL . I GOT THE VISA WITHOUT ANY FROM PROBLEM DC ON OCTOBER 9,2003

IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTION PLEASE CONTACT ME

AT tanveer45@hotmail.com

Regards

TANVEER

Re: I GOT MY VISA VERY EASILY

Originally posted by tanveer45
AO A

TO ALL OF YOU

I AM FROM PAKISTAN , I SENT MY AND MY WIFE PASSPRT FOR VISA REVALADIATION IN SL . I GOT THE VISA WITHOUT ANY FROM PROBLEM DC ON OCTOBER 9,2003

IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTION PLEASE CONTACT ME

AT tanveer45@hotmail.com

Regards

TANVEER

Hi Tanveer,

Congratulations! Perhaps odds are better for married couple then those Single individuals

RIR (LC)

Hey Guys...I have H-1B visa till April, 2005. My lawyer is planning to apply my LC ( RIR ). My question is: if the RIR get denied from Labor dept, am I still eligible to extend the H-1B beyond 6 yrs upon applying for a regular LC. Can i still use the date of my initial RIR application to extend H-1 and apply Labor in regular process or I shold apply both RIR and the regular process concurrently to get that preveledge. The basic question is: If the RIR get denied while I have less than a year in H-1B, am I still eligible to apply for extension of H-1B upon applying the labor for regular process. Do you suggest applying both the RIR and the labor concurrently. Please, help me to clearify

As for getting extension on H-1, I think you need to have applied for LC for atleast an year (not less).

For HmMalik - In one of the threads I have read and I will send you the link if I come accross it that someone got Visa extension at Ottawa without any complications, I believe the applicant was from India and he said that there were no questions, only the required paperwork was asked and he was done in 10 mins and was able to collect his (may be along with his wife, I don't remember) passport the same day.

Here is the link:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99131

It is tragic that all the normal people are suffering because of the doings of some jerks.

Last edited by a moderator:
PP sent to St Louis

HI Folks:

Today, I have sent my passport along with my wife and sons passport to Dept of State for revalidation.

I was in doubt for a long time whether I should send those or not, since we are from a SR country.

Our last visas were issued by Dept of State (revalidation) and expired in June 2003. H1B and H4 Extensions (I 797) and I 94s are valid till March 2005.

I am not sure how long it takes to get the passport back...

I'll let you know the updates...

Thanks

Special Registration Countries

Well I am from Pakistan and got my Visa revalidated without any problem from DC last month. I am single never married with no kids. Go figure out what criteria they use to revalidate visa.

Re: Special Registration Countries

Originally posted by SSALEEM
Well I am from Pakistan and got my Visa revalidated without any problem from DC last month. I am single never married with no kids. Go figure out what criteria they use to revalidate visa.

Hi SSaleem,

Congratulations on the visa stamp, few more details about your case would be helpful to understand how the state dept is approving the cases of single.

1- When did u submit the passport? What documents would be helpful

2- What industry you work in? This seems to be another reason why they ask to go back to home country due to sensitive nature of the job

3- Where did you get your first stamp?

4- Have you re-validated in the past?

Anymore information maybe helpful too.

Thanks and Congrats!