Visa requirements for RTD and RP

JackIsBack

Registered Users (C)
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but do I understand correctly that RTD and Reentry Permit holders may or may not need to obtain visa to travel to some countries depending on their countries of origin. For example, Germany says RTD holders from US do not require a visa to visit their country. Does it apply to all RTD holders or only to RTD holders from certain countries?

Thanks

Jack

Singapore requires visa for RTD or RP holders that are from certain countries. I think that is darn ridiculous.

Well Germany doesnt require a visa. You can stay upto 90 daysin germany without a visa if you have RTD. For reentry permit, YOU NEED A visa.

I also dont see any problems in obtaining visas. Whats wrong with going to an embassy and getting a visa?? I have gone to australia, singapore, thailand, India, london, japan with RTD and never have gotten problems getting a vsia.

To have a visa is much easier than not having one. When going to germany, the stupid people at the counter have to call 3-4 places before making sure its ok..

Originally posted by JackIsBack
Singapore requires visa for RTD or RP holders that are from certain countries. I think that is darn ridiculous.

Can you tell me where did you get that info? My understanding is that ALL persons issued RTD/RP by the BCIS are exempted from visas by Singapore.

nationality is not relevant.

When I went to the singapore embassy in d.c. At first they didnt know so the dude said Its not a problem in issuing one so that I dont have any problem. He issued one in an hour with no problem..

I guess i never needed it.

RB

Gilbert,

You are correct. RTD holder does not require visa to travel Singapore as long as the docuemnt is issued by the US.

Keep in mind, your travel document should have at least 6 months of validity.