visa rejected plz advice

nitya1440

Hi!!
My mom went for visa B on feb 1st 2005 and got rejected.
The consulor asked very few questions:
How many kids?
2 daughters.
Where r they?
both in US
When did ur first daughter go?
3yrs back.
when did ur second daughter go?
1 yr
why is ur second son inlaw sponsoring n why not first son inlaw?
b'coz there r lot of places around new jersy,i'm first visiting my second daughter n later i'll go to my first daughter. She also said that she is working and has to join duty later(without the consulor asking her anything about her job) and my mom is widow

The consulor didnot ask for any documents but simply rejected
They stamped DELETED on passport.
What does this mean? Can she go for visa again n i really wonder who should sponsor her next time?
Could someone give me some advice regarding this.

I have the same issue, Please help

From last two years (2003 & 2004) I am applying visitor visa for my mother, from Delhi consulate. Both the time she got rejected. My elder brother lives in Saudi and my mother visited him twice, consulate asked couple of questions and say sorry madam I can’t issue visa and moreover Consular didn’t see my papers properly and without giving any reason consular reject the visa. They put a stamped on my mother’s passport that states application received on specific date. I don’t know what it means.

I don’t know why Consular did not issue visa to my mother.
Is that happened because she has Saudi’s visa stamped on her passport or she is widow and live alone in India?
I have showed worth of 10 million Rupee properties in Delhi on her name. My father was a business man and now my mother’s source of income is rent from the properties, interest from fixed deposit and we send her money on timely manner. I am telling all this because consular asked to my mother what your income source is.

Could anyone can help me what should I do to get my mother’s visitor visa.
Is there any limit for applying? How many times she can apply in a year?

This is one of the common problems being faced at the consulates, specially in Asian countries. Though one can say take this document, provide that information.. but then, the decision depends upon the descretion of the consular officer. One common thing in both situations is that the applicant does not have sufficient ties in home country. If everyone is outside the US, why would she return to her home country. Though this may not be true, but then its very difficult to rebut this presumption.

I don't think there is any limit on re-applying, but you should show some changed circumstances or additional documents, otherwise, going with the same info and documents is of no use.

You can get some most common answers here, hope they are of any help:
http://faq.visapro.com/Tourist-Visa-FAQ.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Chris!! I like the way you responed.. As you said she (my mother) does not have sufficient ties in home country but I am showing 10 million Rs property on my mother's name and my elder sister is in India (she is married), what do u think these are no sufficient?? how can I show that my mother has the true ties in India and how my mother can convience them that she would come back to India within time??