Visa Numbers Unavailable

VHD999 said:
'visa unavailability' has nothing to do with already filed and pending cases.

I would tend to dismiss that as a statement from an incompetent phone slave... *however*, I've heard the same thing from my lawyer a couple of weeks back. So may be it is actually the case.

INFOPASS in Newark

I went on INFOPASS in Newark recently in June ... I have interview coming ... I asked the question "EB3 numbers unavalibale - how long would I have to wait, I already waited 7 years ..."
The clerk in Newark answered that it (Visa Number) was already allocated to me ... So you guys may be right ... They probably give you visa number once you had filed I485 ... We will know for sure only in July, then first interviews/approvals will start taking place ... GOD BLESS US ALL ...

romano said:
I went on INFOPASS in Newark recently in June ... I have interview coming ... I asked the question "EB3 numbers unavalibale - how long would I have to wait, I already waited 7 years ..."
The clerk in Newark answered that it (Visa Number) was already allocated to me ... So you guys may be right ... They probably give you visa number once you had filed I485 ... We will know for sure only in July, then first interviews/approvals will start taking place ... GOD BLESS US ALL ...

Guys & Gals,
Don't get optimistic..!! There are tons of places during whole I-485 process where Visa Availability is checked and whenever not available is put into Visa Hold. If you want to know more about the process, There is 485 Processing mannual on the web (Its a huge 269 Page mannual)

Anways, I am quoting out of the same mannual.

Section -8 POST ADJUDICATION
PAGE 8-2

Recommended Approvals

When to Perform
Once an I-485 application has been adjudicated, and the adjudicator deems it
ready for approval, the adjudicator should follow the “Recommended
Approvals” process.

Description
If an adjudicator finds that the I-485 application is ready for approval, he/she
indicates that the case is "Recommended for Approval" and sends a sheet to
INS clerical or the contractor requesting a visa. INS clerical or the contractor
contacts the Department of State (DOS) to verify that a visa is currently
available. Once DOS verifies that a visa is available the clerk will route the
case back to the adjudicator. The adjudicator will approve the case and send
it back to INS clerical or the contractor for card production activities. (If the
adjudicating officer faxes the visa request to DOS directly, the file will be
routed to INS clerical or the contractor for card production activities after
he/she has approved the case.)

Procedure Complete the following steps to determine if the visa is available.
Step Action: INS/Contractor
1 Receive the files for visa requests.
2 Fax or email the list of all visa requests to the Department of State.
3 Once responses are returned, copy the list and return it along with
the files to the appropriate adjudicator.
4 Once approved and returned from the adjudicator, RAFACS and
forward the files back to the adjudicator.

You can yourself look for this mannual and you will realize that how at every step USCIS checks for Visa availablity till like last moment before approval.

- MunnnaMobile

RFE Relpy Sent Waiting

Hi all,

Here my RFE reply has been sent and I got confirmation from Ins that they have received the same on 27 June 2005. Now lets see what happens next.

Appln: EB3
LC: June 08 2001 (PD)
EAD Received: August 21 2004
I140 Approval: Feb 2005
FP: April 08 2005
LUD:April 20 2005 (finger printing results).
LUD:May 06 2005
LUD:May 23 2005 (Approx)
RFE:June 06 2005 (Want W2 for 2004 and letter from employer)
Ready to send.
LUD:27 June 2005 (Received the evidence and as prilimanary work has been done on the case it should take less time than the maximum specified)

Gotyaji

gotyaji said:
Hi,

I just want to know whether the "Visa Numbers Unavailable" news will affect my processing. My details are as given below.

Ready to send.

Please let me know if my GC will be postponed because of this visa number issue. If any body can tell me whether they should have the GC No. for me by this time ?

same response

i went into the local office and an officer there said the same thing...that eb3 visa unavailability does not affect me as long my PD is current...No clue whats happening.

No response yet but there was an lud on July 01 2005.
I am thinking to give them a call and ask as to why my case was pending.

royalcruise said:
Gotyaji,
Any update on the RFE ?

Let us know......

My case looks more or less similiar to yours, Is it good to call the VSC and ask as to why my case is pending?

RFE Received June 27 2005.
LUD July 01 2005. Say that they have received the evidence and it would time lesser than the one specified before (Standard time 365 to 540 days).

:eek:

ilfang said:
I filed inquiry through my congressman's office in early May right after my PD became current, and the following are VSC's reply:
The case was put on visa hold but should not be any longer. I am pulling the files to have them sent to the adjudications area for processing.

From this, I believe that VSC will not approve any case with PD not current. Now I am hoping my case can be approved before the end of June ...

Need your help Guys

I filed for my wife's I-485 on June 28th. It was received by USCIS vermont center on June 29th. So we beat the July 1st deadline. But the checks we sent for USCIS processing fees has not yet been cashed till today. When I filed for my 485 the checks were cashed by USCIS within a day or two.

Since her checks are not yet cashed does it mean they are not picking up her case even though we filed her 485 before July 1st deadline. Can someone explain whats happening here.

I called the INS customer service yesterday just to chek about my status, but the customer service rep, said that a week back when i had called them they had told me that they have not worked on my case as the visa numbers were not available and the conditions have not changed. So I think more or less the situation is that of visa numbers which is affecting the I485 processing.

eb2LABOR said:
I filed for my wife's I-485 on June 28th. It was received by USCIS vermont center on June 29th. So we beat the July 1st deadline. But the checks we sent for USCIS processing fees has not yet been cashed till today. When I filed for my 485 the checks were cashed by USCIS within a day or two.

Since her checks are not yet cashed does it mean they are not picking up her case even though we filed her 485 before July 1st deadline. Can someone explain whats happening here.

eb2labor i am pretty sure that since they received it before the 1st of July your wife's case is in good shape irrespective of the fact that the check has not been cashed

kitkatshree said:
i went into the local office and an officer there said the same thing...that eb3 visa unavailability does not affect me as long my PD is current...No clue whats happening.

No EB3 approvals till October 1st 2005, even your priority date is in the year 1990.