Visa Numbers not available?

27aug03

Registered Users (C)
Primary and dependant cases were approved in Nov 2004.
Spouse case is still pending. When we called the INS few months back, they said name check is pending. We have sent email enquiries to FBI. No reply from them.

Today, when we called the INS they say the application is on hold as VISA numbers is not available. What does this mean? When we asked whether namecheck is cleared, she said she cannot answer that question. Please advice.

EB2 RIR
Priority Date May 2001
I-485 Aug 27 03

you should be current

which country are you from?

when they say VISA number is not available it means that your PD is not current i.e. they are not taking cases that were filed on the day you filed your labor.

Now with that said, the latest visa bulletin says that for india & china any PD on and before 01AUG01 is current for EB2 category. So if you are from these countries you should be current.

You should call back and tell them about the latest visa bulletins.
Also make sure your PD is indeed may '01 and you are EB2

Priya, I think the VB you refered is for Feb and we are still in Jan. 27aug should call VSC again in Feb. At that time they will have no more excuse to refuse this question. Just my 2 cents.

EA

Priya_23 said:
which country are you from?

when they say VISA number is not available it means that your PD is not current i.e. they are not taking cases that were filed on the day you filed your labor.

Now with that said, the latest visa bulletin says that for india & china any PD on and before 01AUG01 is current for EB2 category. So if you are from these countries you should be current.

You should call back and tell them about the latest visa bulletins.
Also make sure your PD is indeed may '01 and you are EB2

Hi all,
Thanks for your replies. We are from India. Let me check the dates again today and will update after calling the INS in feb