Visa not expired but I-94 expired

Sats

My visa is till 2003 but my I-94 expired in Nov. I applied for I-94 extension thru my employer before Nov. and also got the receipt number. Now i need to travel to India but i didn\'t get my new I-94 yet. That automated message says that it takes 30 to 90 days. Will there be any problem at POE next time if i hand over this I-94 which is expired while going to India. Pl. help me with suggestions, thanks in advance.

Sats

H1-B Layoff and I-94 Expired ...

hi,

I am new to this forum, one of my friend suggested me to use this forum for my questions.

well, I changed my employer in June this year, and instead of doing an
H1 Transfer, I got a new H1 from the company which is valid until 2004. when i asked the company about this matter recently, they told me that its an INS Error.Now, I am laid off from the company on November 16 2001 and my I-94 expired on October 2001.

what should i do now? Am i out of status ? If yes, what are the other
alternatives for me? should i leave the country now? can you please answer my questions ?

Thanks for all your help

BK.

If your I-94 is expired you are out of status and are accumulating overstay

Of you hit 180 days of overstay and then leave the country you will not be permitted to reenter the US fo 3 years. If the overstay reaches 365 days, the mandatory bar increases to 10 years. You must make arrangements to leave the US ASAP, you are currently here illegally and are subject to deportation if discovered.

Speak to an attorney regarding your situation immediately to ensure that I understand the situation correctly. The stakes here are obviously very high.

Jim