• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa issued

General55

April 2009 winning notification from KCC
May 2009 form sent back to KCC
October 2009 Case Number Current
15 October 2009 interview scheduled for Dec 30 in London
30 November successful medical examination:D:D
December 30 2009, THE AMERICAN DREAM!! successful interview.visa issued:D

TIPS:

Returning form back to KCC:
Fill the form properly. do not worry if you dont have information at hand. just write N/A and later send any information you think will help by email to KCC.
for example, i did not write the name of a school attended on the form because i did not have my certificate at hand.i thought it will take me long time to get it as i am not in my country now.when i got it, i sent the name of my school to KCC by email, and they replied by saying;the information will be included in my case file. Do not write anything you cant provide proof. know that, on your interview day, the first part, which is document check, the embassy staff will check your documents based on the information you provided to KCC.
example, if you are not married, you wont be asked for marriage certificate.

Interview:
I arrived at the embassy at 6:00am and was allowed in at 7:30
1. I went through security checks. same as airport checks
2. A lady checked my appointment letter and issued me a number begining with I-xxx(I means immigrant and N for non immigrants)
3. I sat for about 40mins then i was called to a window. the officer took my passport only and checked something on the computer:mad: he then gave me a bill to go and pay at a different window and come back to him:mad:
4. I gave him the receipt:mad:. He then asked me, has anything changed since i filled the form? i replied, no! the form was in front of him(the one sent to kcc) he then asked for my documents one after the other.birth cert, education, work experience, affidavit of support, and my personal bank statement.(thats all my documents)
he then gave me a big brown envelope and said i should put it in my luggage when i travel to the states.i was confused because the consular officer hasn't interviewed me yet, he then told me to go and sit down and listen to my number again.when i was waiting, i knew i have got the visa already:D
5. my number was called again after 25mins. the consular officer ask me to raised my right hand and take an oath.i then signed form DS 230 part two.
he asked me to explain what i do at work, i was confident in what i was saying:D.after that he said,everything he needs are in order, and he returned all my original documents except the tax returns. i was bold to asked him why he hasn't give me back the original, and he said, they need that one. he then told me to go and pay for the delivery of my passport. and said i have up to 6months to travel to the states:D:D
THE AMERICA DREAM!

TIPS:

Fill the form properly. do not worry if you dont have information at hand. just write N/A and later send any information you think will help by email to KCC.
for example, i did not write the name of a school attended on the form because i did not have my certificate at hand.i thought it will take me long time to get it as i am not in my country now.when i got it, i sent the name of my school to KCC by email, and they replied by saying;the information will be included in my case file. Do not write anything you cant provide proof. know that, on your interview day, the first part, which is document check, the embassy staff will check your documents based on the information you provided to KCC.

Interview:
2. A lady checked my appointment letter and issued me a number begining with I-xxx(I means immigrant and N for non immigrants)
3. I sat for about 40mins then i was called to a window. the officer took my passport only and checked something on the computer:mad: he then gave me a bill to go and pay at a different window and come back to him:mad:
4. I gave him the receipt:mad:. He then asked me, has anything changed since i filled the form? i replied, no! the form was in front of him(the one sent to kcc) he then asked for my documents one after the other.birth cert, education, work experience, affidavit of support, and my personal bank statement.(thats all my documents)
he then gave me a big brown envelope and said i should put it in my luggage when i travel to the states.i was confused because the consular officer hasn't interviewed me yet, he then told me to go and sit down and listen to my number again.when i was waiting, i knew i have got the visa already:D
5. my number was called again after 25mins. the consular officer ask me to raised my right hand and take an oath.i then signed form DS 230 part two.
he asked me to explain what i do at work, i was confident in what i was saying:D.after that he said,everything he needs are in order, and he returned all my original documents except the tax returns. i was bold to asked him why he hasn't give me back the original, and he said, they need that one. he then told me to go and pay for the delivery of my passport. and said i have up to 6months to travel to the states:D:D
THE AMERICA DREAM![/QU

Congrats

Congrats for your success in the interview. I like hearing experiences from London because that's where I will have mine. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

TIPS:

Interview:
THE AMERICA DREAM!

Many congrats on getting the visa.I guess you're very lucky to have gotten out of the embassy with just one question.God was on your side.My interview is cmng up soon as well.Hope it goes well.From what I have been reading in this forum DV lottery interviews are quite simple.As long as your papers are proper/well organised.You should be ok.Also honesty is a must.Will share my experience once mine is done.Its in Fiji.All the best.

TIPS:

Interview:
THE AMERICA DREAM!

Congrats! Am happy for you. Many thanks for sharing this helpful information, as I will have my interivew in London too.
May the good news keep on pouring from interviews in London and of course other parts!

lome

Congratulations General!

Has anyone know if having an afidavit of support is a must? becuase I have never seen any Dv winner who got the visa from LONDON embassy without U.S sponsor.

Congratulations General!

Has anyone know if having an afidavit of support is a must? becuase I have never seen any Dv winner who got the visa from LONDON embassy without U.S sponsor.

It seems all those who have shared their experiences with us was asked about this affidavit of support.

All immigrant to the US must demonstrate, they will not become a public charge when addmitted as lawful permanent resident. the consular officer will determine this based on the documents you provide on the day of your interview. the use of form I-134 is sufficient in all DV cases. but you can also add your own bank statements.you can also sponsor yourself if you want, but is strongly advisable to use form I-134.this form can be filled by a US citizen or LPR.
Goodluck!!