Visa Fee Question

rajeshksh

Registered Users (C)
I am going for my interview to New Delhi. The Packet-4 mentions that I don't have to pay any fee if I have already paid $335 per person to NVC. I have paid $335 per person to NVC but I don't have the receipts. Can I assume that the US Embassy in New Delhi will have the information about my fee payment to NVC or I should get the draft with me as I don't have the receipt.
I also wonder why do they even ask for the fee? Unless I pay the fee to NVC, NVC is not going to process my application. So, obviously all the cases that reach consulate should have their fee paid.
Rajesh

rajeshksh said:
I am going for my interview to New Delhi. The Packet-4 mentions that I don't have to pay any fee if I have already paid $335 per person to NVC. I have paid $335 per person to NVC but I don't have the receipts. Can I assume that the US Embassy in New Delhi will have the information about my fee payment to NVC or I should get the draft with me as I don't have the receipt.
I also wonder why do they even ask for the fee? Unless I pay the fee to NVC, NVC is not going to process my application. So, obviously all the cases that reach consulate should have their fee paid.
Rajesh

If you have a copy of the draft you have submitted, then carry it with you.

You are right in questioning the need for this. The assumption is, if the fee
is not paid then the case will not reach the Consulate. But I believe there
are instances where this proof was asked for by the Consulate. While the
above is true with the current procedure, there was this earlier procedure
where the candidates were paying the fee at the Consulate. This could still
be happening with AC 140 cases.

So, candidates carry this information for this 'just in case' situation.

Raju

Raju,
Thanks for the information. My problem is that I submitted the customer copy of cashier's check to my company to reimurse the money and now all my efforts to retrieve them from that department have failed. There is no other proof with me that says I paid the fee. Do you think I should carry a cashier's check and cancel it later if I don't have to use it or it is safe for me to not bother about it?
thank you,
Rajesh

The consulate will certainly know that fees have been paid. Fee payment to NVC have been mandatory BEFORE interview in all cases in the last 2-3 years.

rajeshksh said:
Raju,
Thanks for the information. My problem is that I submitted the customer copy of cashier's check to my company to reimurse the money and now all my efforts to retrieve them from that department have failed. There is no other proof with me that says I paid the fee. Do you think I should carry a cashier's check and cancel it later if I don't have to use it or it is safe for me to not bother about it?
thank you,
Rajesh

Don't worry too much about this. You can go to your interview without this
document. No need to carry an additional cashier's check.

Raju

Thank you all for getting this off my mind. This portal is awesome, I wish I knew about it earlier.
Thanks Again,
Rajesh