Visa Facilitation Services in Mumbai - How crowded? Any tips?

True.

Is there any way, other than the offer letter/company letter/paystubs, by which the INS verifies valid employment at the port-of-entry. I guess it\'s better to be safe than sorry while carrying the needed documents. Would they go to the extent of calling up the company supervisors ? Coz that seems like the best thing to do, though a little extreme ... has any1, known to u guys, had such severe problems at the port-of-entry ?
Thank you.

Mumbai Consulate- do you HAVE to use drop box?

Hi,

I am an H1-B visa holder working in the US. I am going to India on a very short trip, may be a week. I have to get my visa stamped, since I joined another company. I have been told that i have to use drop-box at Mumbai consulate for visa stamping. My question is are people on H1-B still permitted to go in person for visa stamping or they absolutely HAVE TO use the drop box.

Jim, H1 Gurus, Revalidation question

Here is my case:

1. I have an H1 visa stamped on my passport from my old employer(valid till July 2002)
2. I have an H1 transfer approval notice(I-797) for my new employer
3. I have been working with the new employer for 8 months
4. My passport is going to expire in six months

I am going to India in December.I am planning to get my passport renewed before I go to India. So essentially when I go to India I will have a new passport with all blank pages on it(I am not sure if that is a cause for concern)When I go to India I will submit my passport at the drop box so that my new passport will have the new company H1-B visa stamp on it.

What is your opinion guys? Do you seen any implications? Things I should be worried about, careful about?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks

John

arrre baba

arrre baba it means that if you returing f1..means f1 extension or h1 extension,etc then u qualify for vfs. for f1 to h1 u still have to go. thats my 2 paise!

H12H1

I am in this same situation. any one out there have any experience/
points to be noted in this regard
Thankx
H12H1