Visa extension - stay ok pending decision?

shubasimha

Hi,
My MIL has been visiting us since Nov 2005 and her I94 expires on May 16, 2006. We applied for her extension of stay end of March. But we have not yet received a notification USCIS about the extension. Considering she only has 2 weeks until her I94 expires:
1. Should she leave US if we do not hear anything from USCIS? Heard the new rule says she has to, but not sure about it.
2. She has a 10-yr multiple entry visa. If her extension application gets rejected, will her 10-yr visa be affected?

Appreciate any help.
Thanks!!

I am in the same boat as yours and my mothers I-94 is upto June16 2006. I had applied in April. Seems like it is taking 2 months to process and please share if you have any information.

You are not alone!! I applied for my Mom's extension receipt date 4th April, I-94 expires today.
Called 800 Number the CSR said as long as she has receipt of applying for extension within decent time and has paid fee there shouldn't be any problem
I'll have her carry the receipt notice with her if by the time she leaves for India and still doesn't have approval.

We been thru same thing in past and its perfectly fine. My MIL never had problem re-entering after extension and expiring I-94 during waiting period.

Hello Kloven,
I have applied for the extension of my mother's visa in April. So far I have not heard anything from USCIS. Her I-94 expires in June.She has multiple entry 10 year visa.
1. Will her 10 years visa be void if she stays beyond her i-94 date and leaves say with in 7-10 days if we hear frm USCIS that her application could not be acepted?
2. 1. Will her 10 years visa be void if she stays beyond her i-94 date BUT leaves before we hear frm USCIS that her application could not be acepted?
Thanks

Visitor visa extension (please help)

1.what is a good reason for extendig the visitor visa. I would like to apply for visa extension for my parents.
2. Is age a factor in approving visa extension. I heard that if they are old (above 55) then, the more the possibility. Is it true.

documents ?

Can someone please tell me what documents are needed for a vistor visa extension. I want to extend the stay of my MIL. Do i need to buy new air tickets ?

I have the same conversation with USCIS

angelic said:
You are not alone!! I applied for my Mom's extension receipt date 4th April, I-94 expires today.
Called 800 Number the CSR said as long as she has receipt of applying for extension within decent time and has paid fee there shouldn't be any problem
I'll have her carry the receipt notice with her if by the time she leaves for India and still doesn't have approval.

I called 800 number. The CSR said the same thing. She told if my mom's visa will get denied she won't be in troube while reentering the USA with her 10 years visa, she needs to cary copy of all the document while she travels.