Visa Bulletin out: Thank god, its not current...

Sri_know

Registered Users (C)
I am sorry to see that there are no visas available..on the brighterside, it gives them more resources processing the pending applicaitons.
thanks,
Sri

In aug bulletin

D. JULY EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY

After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.

Aug is not current but July is current. There is enough time to pile up USCIS office with cases. Now I don't know how long it is going to take to get just EAD and AP, I can forget about GC for now.

I am sorry to see that there are no visas available..on the brighterside, it gives them more resources processing the pending applicaitons.
thanks,
Sri
They are going to accept *new* apps all the way thru Aug 17th.
So most likely processing of existing cases will slow to a halt - they need the IO resources to verify if the app is materially complete before processing benefits like EAD/AP.

Expect delays ..... huge delays -- like the Apr 2001 flood that, we, the old filers saw !

This is a quote from Aug visa bulletin
Aug bulletin said:
Allocations were made, to the extent possible under the numerical limitations, for the demand received by July 13th in the chronological order of the reported priority dates

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3269.html

Does this means everybody who filed applications before July 13th have visa number?? or is it only for applicaitons that they processed before July 13th?? I don't believe they can request visa numbers in advance. Please comment

So most likely processing of existing cases will slow to a halt - they need the IO resources to verify if the app is materially complete before processing benefits like EAD/AP.

Expect delays ..... huge delays -- like the Apr 2001 flood that, we, the old filers saw !

C'mon.... That one month for new apps is the first fair deal I see from USCIS in ten years.
They promised at least one month they finally deliver it.
Just imagine yourself without being able to apply for EAD or sitting on H4.

It's even good for the job market as in 6 months the salaries will have to go up. :)

It's not going to be Apr 2001. And we'll go through and out of this hell anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will definitely be huge delays, but just think about it, only to put the new cases in the system will take a long time and the new applicants will have to go thru name checks, so we're still ahead of them.

There will be new backlog centers either for FBI NC or for 485 pending apps. I dont see any method to this madness. Nothing against the new filers though but I think this would be unfair if they start approving applications randomly which has and will happen with USCIS. unless there is a drastic change in immigration law, I don't see any light at the end of this long dark tunnel.

Let's see where this organized chaos leads us to.

There will be new backlog centers either for FBI NC or for 485 pending apps. I dont see any method to this madness. Nothing against the new filers though but I think this would be unfair if they start approving applications randomly which has and will happen with USCIS. unless there is a drastic change in immigration law, I don't see any light at the end of this long dark tunnel.

Let's see where this organized chaos leads us to.

I am glad I am not the only one who thought this was going to happen.

Life is not always fair.

I would day file Writ of Mandamus and force USCIS to clear your namecheck....as the Priority Date is current now....

God knows when it will be current again? If you are lucky, it may be current in Oct or July 06 or July 07 .....

Life is Unfair

While I am happy for the new filers, USCIS simply does not know what they are getting into. I am sure they do not know how many EAD/AP applications they are going to get into. Without any forecast or analysis, they simply opened the flood gate.

Interestingly enough, last year USCIS wasted 12,000 visas and nobody threatened to sue it. This year USCIS attempted to do the correct thing, and got into trouble. Either way, it’s been unfair for the pending 485 applicants. I simply pray to God that no visa is wasted this year, irrespective of I get it or not.

April 2001 (245i) was never a factor - please understand it once for all

Don't worry man, its not going to be like the so called April 2001 fiasco, beacuse of 2 main reasons.

First - The April 2001 was NEVER a factor ever for the delays. The flood of 245i applications clogging up the system was a Myth, an Urban legend, propagated by the so called gurus.

Second - The biggest problem holding up the USCIS was the flood of fraudulent Labor Substitution cases filed by hunderes of bhadwa companies.

Once the USCIS has cleaned up the muddle we have seen how the approvals have come thick and fast.

Unless the bhadwa companies come up with something else (another loophole) that agains disturbs the sanity of the whole process the 485 ride will be smoother and more predictable now.

All the best to all who are will be filing in the next 30 days.

neo

This year USCIS attempted to do the correct thing, and got into trouble.
While many of us have benefitted from what they did, it wasn't "the correct thing". Their actions were driven by the motivation of doing something BAD to applicants, which was to make the July bulletin unavailable.

I don't believe they can request visa numbers in advance. Please comment
Yes, they can. Consulates routinely request numbers in advance of interviews, so they will know that they can quickly approve the green cards of successful interviewees. But USCIS stopped doing it for I-485s because they were not good at returning unused numbers to the pool when applicants were denied.

how much delay should I expect?

As we are talking here delay after filing 485.
Please predict/suggest worst case and best case approval dates for a 485 to be filed next month w/o any RFE etc..

It is Non Scense USICS

I am stuck from 2001 and they cant process old applications and they want to take more

not sure.. where the old applications land into..

since you asked

best case - a few months - end of year 2007
worst case - years and years later (consider that there are still people who filed 485 in 2002 / 03 waiting)

the best case scenario is because there is no method to USCIS madness.

As we are talking here delay after filing 485.
Please predict/suggest worst case and best case approval dates for a 485 to be filed next month w/o any RFE etc..