• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa bulletin is available for September...

breandan

Registered Users (C)
the visa bulletin is available for September:

Unfortunately, I can't post a link as I haven't made 15 posts yet....

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region
All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA
CURRENT
Except: Egypt 22,900
Ethiopia 23,900
ASIA
CURRENT
EUROPE
CURRENT

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)
CURRENT
OCEANIA
CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN
CURRENT

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region
AFRICA
8,300 Except: Egypt 3,100
Ethiopia 3,900
Nigeria 5,500
ASIA

EUROPE

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

Last edited by a moderator:
For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region
AFRICA 8,300 Except: Egypt 3,100, Ethiopia 3,900, Nigeria 5,500
ASIA 7,000
EUROPE 9,100
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 375
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 450

Wow, so the real thing has started! Thank God, the counting has just began.

2009 DV (AFRICA 6,900 Except: Egypt 3,100, Ethiopia 3,600, Nigeria 3,350)

2010 DV (AFRICA 8,300 Except: Egypt 3,100, Ethiopia 3,900, Nigeria 5,500)

This is a big improvements in numbers. We hope this continues so that our CNs becomes current early and those with high numbers giving interviews before the fiscal year.

HEY GUYS

i NEED YOUR HELP TO UNDERSTAND CLEARLY THE visa BULLETIN STORY, mY CASE NUMBER IS 2010EU0005*** does this mean that my interview is in october?

In other words the fact that my cn is current mean that i will have my interview in october?

I never understood the visa bulletin thing but i wanted raise the question at the appropriate time.

Thanks again.

HEY GUYS

i NEED YOUR HELP TO UNDERSTAND CLEARLY THE visa BULLETIN STORY, mY CASE NUMBER IS 2010EU0005*** does this mean that my interview is in october?

In other words the fact that my cn is current mean that i will have my interview in october?

I never understood the visa bulletin thing but i wanted raise the question at the appropriate time.

Thanks again.

yes, start getting all ur documents ready

Visa bulletin of September 2008 showed that the no. for Asia was just 2900, but this year the no. is 7000! Does it mean the procedure speed up a lot?

HEY GUYS

Thanks again.

It's most likely you will have your interview in October. The cut-off point in October is 9,100 while your CN is 5,000+. The cut-off point, which is 9,100 means that all EU CNs between 1 and 9,099 will have their interview in October. However, it's not always that those whose case numbers falls within this range will have their interview in October.

You should be ready with your documents, since October is around the corner.

I'm also assuming I'm going to have the interview in October right? (the EU cut-off being 9100 and me being 7xxx)

what does it mean Why Except Egypt: 3,100 and what does it mean except

It means they have separated Nigeria, Egypt and Ethiopia from Africa. Their CNs are different in terms of being current. For instance, someone from Africa with a CN of 25,000 will get early interview than someone from Nigeria with maybe CN 12,000.

Check the visa bulletin archives for understanding.

2009 DV (AFRICA 6,900 Except: Egypt 3,100, Ethiopia 3,600, Nigeria 3,350)

2010 DV (AFRICA 8,300 Except: Egypt 3,100, Ethiopia 3,900, Nigeria 5,500)

This is a big improvements in numbers. We hope this continues so that our CNs becomes current early and those with high numbers giving interviews before the fiscal year.

with such a high number for nigeria.Dont you think case number 13xxx that normally comes between june and july may come sooner this fiscal year may be May or April

Few questions huh :)

Dear friends,

First of all congratulations to all of you received NL so far.

I have a couple of questions, though maybe naive even stupid but I'd be so thankful if you can assist me :)

1. If, for instance, number becomes current in November, does it means I should receive 2nd letter during September (2 months ahead) providing me with instructions on further steps?

2. As we all know there is a total of 50000 visas available to the applicants. But does it means that those visas will be allocated to 50000 primary applicants excluding their dependents (spouse, children) or this number includes dependents too? If it counts dependents, it significantly reduces number of primary applicants and their chances, if I'm right.

3. Do applicants have the same chances no matter if they are single, married or have children?

4. Can I show the statement showing that I have USD 18000 on my bank account instead of AOS? Would it be enough? If it's really necessary I can have it.

5. As for employment, how likely US companies hire employee from abroad before they get a chance even to meet him/her? I mean, cause it is recommended that you already have a job confirmed at the time of interview. Is it mandatory to have job confirmed in writing?

6. My girlfriend is in the U.S. and she study there. She is on her student visa there. We planned to marry anyway. However I heared it can be the problem because we are getting married now after one of us have been selected for further process and not before. Do you think we should get married before DV started? Should we wait now for that and and get marry later after DV closure? What should we do?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Cheers and all the happy to all of us!!!! :)
12/06/09: Forms sent back to KCC
15/06/09: Forms delivered to KCC
24/07/09: KCC confirmed forms well received :)

1. If, for instance, number becomes current in November, does it means I should receive 2nd letter during September (2 months ahead) providing me with instructions on further steps?

Maybe. Most people receive their 2nd letter about 4-6 weeks before their interview.

2. As we all know there is a total of 50000 visas available to the applicants. But does it means that those visas will be allocated to 50000 primary applicants excluding their dependents (spouse, children) or this number includes dependents too? If it counts dependents, it significantly reduces number of primary applicants and their chances, if I'm right.

That is the total number of visas available including dependents, so yes, it does reduce the chances.

3. Do applicants have the same chances no matter if they are single, married or have children?

Officially - yes, everybody has the same chances.
Unofficially - your guess is as good as anyones.

4. Can I show the statement showing that I have USD 18000 on my bank account instead of AOS? Would it be enough? If it's really necessary I can have it.

If you are single, then yes that should be enough. If you have a family to support maybe not. As a general guideline you should aim to have 125% of the poverty level (but each case is assessed on it's own merits, there are no "official" rules about the amount needed for the diversity visa).

5. As for employment, how likely US companies hire employee from abroad before they get a chance even to meet him/her? I mean, cause it is recommended that you already have a job confirmed at the time of interview. Is it mandatory to have job confirmed in writing?

Job offer is just one of the possible options. If you have enough money in your bank account to support you while you are searching for work, then you don't need the job offer (although if you do have one, then it would make their decision about issuing the visa even easier).

6. My girlfriend is in the U.S. and she study there. She is on her student visa there. We planned to marry anyway. However I heared it can be the problem because we are getting married now after one of us have been selected for further process and not before. Do you think we should get married before DV started? Should we wait now for that and and get marry later after DV closure? What should we do?

Getting married before you won would of course been the easiest option, but getting married now isn't a problem either. The important thing is to make sure you are married before your interview date and to inform KCC immediately when you do (you will need to resend the forms with the updated information). If you wait until after your interview, then you will have to sponsor her as your spouse which currently takes many years to do.

they were saying this year is going to be faster than other years and i think they are right.EU was around 6000 last year.but this year is 9100 for october.so we might be called faster than we think.

Let's hope so as this is the highest cut-off for October since 2004. Although in 2004 they started at 10000 for EU and stopped at 20500....

Right, compared to the other years, this year is going to be faster with higher CN startup!