Visa bulletin for Oct????

Lets try to not panic

Guys and Gals,

Panic is not good for anyone. The worst thing we can do in a highly stressful situation is panic. It will make our lives even harder. At this point no one is really sure if the dates on this link are indeed valid and we will only know for sure in a few days. Lets wait till then and see what our fate is.

The truth is that we are at the mercy of some very incompetent agencies and we have to be ready for any eventuality. Unfortunately, this comes as part and parcel of being an immigrant in any country. No matter how bad things might be in most of our countries there is atleast no doubt in most of ours minds that we will never be asked to pack up our bags, sell our houses and get lost. We have chosen this life style and its time to face it now.

If these dates are true then the picture in the near term looks pretty bleak for Indians in particular but lets try and hold of on our worries as much as we can till the official bulletin is released.

I know its easier said then done. I have been screwed over by the TSC at every step of this process and now I might be facing the prospect of EB3 visa numbers almost disappearing. Having said that, worrying and fretting about this unconfirmed news is not going to help us in any way. If the news is bad we will all share information, talk to lawyers and try to get through this tough time together. There is something called fate and I think we will have to rely on it in the near future.

In the big picture when thousands are dieing in floods, rains and hurricanes, the visa numbers not being to our liking is a rather small inconvenience to our lives. If we stick together we will get through this in one piece.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
October bulletin

Dear Threadstarter,
Be prepared to face tons of scrutiny and criticism once the official
bulletin comes out and does not reflect the manilla numbers. Believe, what you want but I am not going to panic until I see the numbers in the
official website.

G8nOldW8n4GC said:
official bulletin comes out and does not reflect the manilla numbers
You know this how? If you have prior knowldge of official bulletin numbers please post here.

the purpose is to hope someone with better information to confirm or dispute that

Everyone is on the same boat here.

It is not the intention of this thread to scare you.

G8nOldW8n4GC said:
Dear Threadstarter,
Be prepared to face tons of scrutiny and criticism once the official
bulletin comes out and does not reflect the manilla numbers. Believe, what you want but I am not going to panic until I see the numbers in the
official website.

Last edited by a moderator:
wildthing said:
Everyone is on the same boat here.

It is not the intention of this thread to scare you.

There is no mention about 0ct visa bulletin. Please do not post wrong details. Thanks and appreciate your help.

It seems like the Oct cut-off dates at the Manila US embassy web-sites maybe true.
If you goto the official USemabssy website http://usembassy.state.gov/ and then select the Manila US embassy you will be taken to the Manila website.
Once there, select the Immigrant visas link and then the Visa Interview appointments link- you will now see the Oct cut-off dates.
Interestingly no other US embassy shows these numbers. A couple of other US embassy websites that I tried, re-directed me to the official visa bulletin web-site which is http://travel.state.gov.

So here goes.... :rolleyes:

stupid idiots.. it can't go back to 98 or 99

because,,, during 2000, 2001 there were already priority dates/cut off situation and it was cleared and became current after some months.. This time it will start if it has to, from june 2002.. relax.. The posting on manilla web site is probably very old one which wasn't updated for a long time..

mark my posting..

Anybody who believed this thread should have their I-485 refused :D We are all supposed to be smart educated people, so please don't let your fears affect your judgement and start believing thing left and right. You should wait for the official website announcement, and stop listening to people's guessing. Their guess is as good as yours :)

Re: Stupid Idiot

asdqwe2k2 said:
because,,, during 2000, 2001 there were already priority dates/cut off situation and it was cleared and became current after some months.. This time it will start if it has to, from june 2002.. relax..
It is possible that backog elemination centers have cleared
lot of pending LCs before 2000 from states like NY, CA, CT, NJ etc. As long as there are pending apllications from several years ago, PD will not become anywhere close to current.

asdqwe2k2 said:
The posting on manilla web site is probably very old one which wasn't updated for a long time..
Postng on Manilla site was updated on 9/9/2005. See the botton of the page.

asdqwe2k2 said:
mark my posting..
Marked :D

Re: Stupid Idiot

asdqwe2k2 said:
because,,, during 2000, 2001 there were already priority dates/cut off situation and it was cleared and became current after some months.. This time it will start if it has to, from june 2002.. relax..
It is possible that backog elemination centers have cleared
lot of pending LCs before 2000 from states like NY, CA, CT, NJ etc. As long as there are pending apllications from several years ago, PD will not become anywhere close to current.

asdqwe2k2 said:
The posting on manilla web site is probably very old one which wasn't updated for a long time..
Postng on Manilla site was updated on 9/9/2005. See the bottom of the page.

asdqwe2k2 said:
mark my posting..
Marked :D

Mr. Green said:
Anybody who believed this thread should have their I-485 refused :D We are all supposed to be smart educated people, so please don't let your fears affect your judgement and start believing thing left and right. You should wait for the official website announcement, and stop listening to people's guessing. Their guess is as good as yours :)

Yeah smart educated people right.
That is why we believe in what is posted in a authentic US cousulate web site.

If there was some mistake there it would have been rectified by now, its been three days now.

this is the next big storm after Katarina. I wonder why USCIS is not updating its own site.

Mr. Green said:

Yeah smart educated people right.
That is why we believe in what is posted in a authentic US cousulate web site.

If there was some mistake there it would have been rectified by now, its been three days now.

this is the next big storm after Katarina. I wonder why USCIS is not updating its own site.

Do not belive manila web site.

DOS was consistantly saying in their previous visa bullitons that EB2 for IN,CH will not retrogress now. It will retrogress only in DEC. DOS might have made this statement only after discussions with USCIS and DOL based on their backlog elimination methodology.

What ever visa bulliton in manila website shows year 1999 for EB2 class, not simply belivable. It is totally contracts DOS previous statements. I think, somebody made a mistake. So, guys cool down. Enjoy your days till you see the VB in DOS site.

Official Posting from Sept VISA Bulletin

"The backlog reduction efforts of both Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Department of Labor continue to result in very heavy demand for Employment-based numbers. It is anticipated that the amount of such cases will be sufficient to use all available numbers in many categories. As a result cut-off dates in the Employment Third preference category will apply to the China, India, and Philippines chargeabilities beginning in October, and it is possible that Mexico may be added to this list. In addition, it is anticipated that heavy demand will require the establishment of a Third preference cut-off date on a Worldwide basis by December.

The amount of Employment demand for applicants from China and India is also likely to result in the oversubcription of the Employment First and Second preference categories for those chargeability areas. The establishment of such cut-off dates is expected to occur no later than December.

The level of demand in the Employment categories is expected to be far in excess of the annual limits, and once established, cut-off date movements are likely to be slow. "

See the corrected link, it works thru IE

IL_LABOR said:
"The backlog reduction efforts of both Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Department of Labor continue to result in very heavy demand for Employment-based numbers. It is anticipated that the amount of such cases will be sufficient to use all available numbers in many categories. As a result cut-off dates in the Employment Third preference category will apply to the China, India, and Philippines chargeabilities beginning in October, and it is possible that Mexico may be added to this list. In addition, it is anticipated that heavy demand will require the establishment of a Third preference cut-off date on a Worldwide basis by December.

The amount of Employment demand for applicants from China and India is also likely to result in the oversubcription of the Employment First and Second preference categories for those chargeability areas. The establishment of such cut-off dates is expected to occur no later than December.

The level of demand in the Employment categories is expected to be far in excess of the annual limits, and once established, cut-off date movements are likely to be slow. "
======

Hi All Gurus
Is somebody hearing what I'm saying.
This is the genuine Manila web site.
I found the link which actually takes you to Manila Web site. No need to go through Netscape/Mozilla/..... It works through IE
Click this link

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwhmain.html

Then click Consular and Visa Services. A drop down will appear, select Immigrant Visa Priority Dates
The moment you click it, it will take you to
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_1360.html
Click the Current Bulletin which will show you September 2005 Visa Bulletin still

If the website is genuine(definitely govt site) one, why is it not accepting IE as browser?