• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin For July 2007

My number is 78xx Asia do yo think I have a chance. My application is from Sri Lanka we had only 386 winners

Are you from Egypt, Ethiopia or Nigeria?
Anyway, so far it would look just fine for your number too. It is very low for AF!

relax 2007 DV winner!!!

romanlk i also just relax like you 'coz i have same case as you have.

007AS78XX from nepal

relax 2007 DV winner!!!

romanlk i also just relax like you 'coz i have same case as you have.

007AS78XX from nepal:)

Its a surprise for me, that in August the case numbers for all regions (with the exeptions) are current. Looks like the number of participants for DV-2007 was not that high.

WOW! If this is an indication for next year, we are in a pretty good position Alemitmee!!! Getting even more excited then I already was! This is going to be a looooooong year!

Are you from Egypt, Ethiopia or Nigeria?
Anyway, so far it would look just fine for your number too. It is very low for AF!

No, Not Egyptian, Not Ethiopian also not Niiiiija !

WOW! If this is an indication for next year, we are in a pretty good position Alemitmee!!! Getting even more excited then I already was! This is going to be a looooooong year!

Hey, yes this is a good sign for us in the 25K club :) .

The numbers for DV 2007 are very close to DV 2008, well at least for the EU region. The Asian and African numbers seem high. There must have been more NL’s sent this year, then last year. The EU numbers seem steady at 25K. I was relieved when I saw the bulletin last night. I will be looking forward to the final notice of DV-2008 winners in the bulletin for August, that will hopefully give us a clear indication of how the NL’s were sent out and give a good indication of how the EU DV-08 numbers might move.
If we were 2007 winners then we would be having our interview sometime in Aug. So with luck on our side we may make it for interview in Aug 2008. Still tight but very possible. It will be a long year! I am looking at this in a positive light; time to save money so that I can get set up in the US! :) Give me an excuse to save some money instead of constantly blowing it on having a good time :D

i'm from egypt m,y number is 2007AF28###,
i thionk i dont have any chance do you???????

michaelatef2005,

It is looking tight for you alright. You see the problem is that so may people from Egypt applied for DV-2007, 7,229 to be exact. With countries that have such high applicants, others in AF being Nigeria 9,849 Ethiopia 6,871 your odds are really lessened. Its almost like two lotteries, the first one to get selected, then the second one to get a low number.
There cant be anymore then 3500 (7% of the 50,000 DV’s) visas issued for any of these countries, and when you think that the 7,229 applications are primary applicants and they may have partners to bring this really reduces the total amount of possible GC’s. It’s a tough situation but that’s the nature of the whole thing a silly lottery. I am stuck with one of the last CN’s in Europe for DV-08 so my chances are not great either, so I know how you feel! I am going to have to wait a whole 12 months to find out if I will be interviewed and then another two waiting for the interview. There is still August’s bulletin to go so keep your fingers crossed, you never know! All the numbers may go current for Egypt, it all depends on how may GC’s have been issued so far. Best of luck!

Alemitmee, you sound like a very nice guy!
I have read some other forums and all your information are correct so far!
Now I can't wait for August's bulletin!!! and next year too......

Regarding the 7% rule I've wanted to write you for a while.

So only 3500 cards can go to one country. These are the cut-off numbers for them for July:

Ukraine: 13,000
Nigeria: 16,150
Egypt: 22,600
Ethiopia: 22,900

Does it mean that in Ukraine only 3,500 of 13,000 interview ended with a green card? And for Ethiopia only about 15%?

And why are those individual cut off numbers moving? Especially for Ethiopia, it went down from 22,900 to 16,000 from July to August.

I hope these questions are not boring to you :)