• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin for January 2013 officially released!!!!!!

I'm current! What to do now?

Hi Everyone,

I'm current EB- 3 ROW with 12/30/2006. What is next? When should we call USCIS for L2 officer, to open a Service request?
Thanks,
Gyula

I just missed being current! But that's good actually because February would not have been a good month for me to attend the interview. I would have had to change the interview date which I was not looking forward to doing, in case they said no.

Congrats to everyone who became current and all the best!!!

heyy forum members,
when shall i get current????CN 2013AS000078** and what about the new Republicans STEM act..will that affect the current DV selectees???? I can see the cut off rate for Asia still too low...if i be selected then till when??????:(

Still not current, hope for the march 2013AS000044**

and congrats to all who became current.

heyy forum members,
when shall i get current????CN 2013AS000078** and what about the new Republicans STEM act..will that affect the current DV selectees???? I can see the cut off rate for Asia still too low...if i be selected then till when??????:(

You will get current in June if the cut-off keeps moving with an average 900 per month.

worried

Cut-off date for February says

AFRICA 22,000
ASIA 4,300
EUROPE 13,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 725
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 775

which makes a total of 41,203 out of 50,000. So does it means there is only 8797 visas left, I am starting to worry a lot now, what do you all think forum members???:confused:

no worries man, more than 100 000 were selected, so they are not even at half...
plus it's not visas, it's selectees, not all selectees proceed to pursue their visa, and not all selectees who pursue, get a visa.

AFRICA 22,000
ASIA 4,300
EUROPE 13,400
OCEANIA 725

which makes a total of 41,203 out of 50,000. So does it means there is only 8797 visas left, I am starting to worry a lot now, what do you all think forum members???:confused:

Bro, cut-off numbers(case numbers) does not mean exact number of cases. There are so many gaps between them. According to your logic, then by February 2013, 22000 African people would have been interviwed, which is really not correct. 22000 cases is not a piece of cake for the embassies to interview in a such a short amount of time. There are so many gaps in between that 22000.

Best of luck to everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:

AFRICA 22,000
ASIA 4,300
EUROPE 13,400
OCEANIA 725

Yep, no GC for you then, potty is nearly empty.

On a serious note, you are getting this wrong, like previously mentioned.

You can ease your mind...

AFRICA 22,000
ASIA 4,300
EUROPE 13,400
OCEANIA 725

You can relax (a bit...)

The CN for Europe and Africa do not represent visa numbers. For Asia it probably does.

For Europe, because of the high number of participants from Ukraine and the relative low number of selected entries from there, case number 13,400 represents less than 10,500 visas.

For Africa the same 'Ukrainian Effect' exists for Ethiopia and Nigeria. In addition, the cutoff for those two and Egypt is less than 22,000. A rough estimation is that 22,000 represent no more than 15,000 visas.

So the total is more around 30,000

Keep in mind that each region is autonomous, meaning that each region has its own quota of visas. For example, an estimation for Asia is something between 7,600-8,000 so 4,300 is about 55% of the visas, assuming that all interviews will be successful.

The highest CN for Asia in May was ~10,000. In October they selected/informed even more winners so they believe that ~30% of the interviews will not be successful...

If you got a headache out of all this then this is good - it will take your mind off the negative thoughts... :)

You can relax (a bit...)

The CN for Europe and Africa do not represent visa numbers. For Asia it probably does.

For Europe, because of the high number of participants from Ukraine and the relative low number of selected entries from there, case number 13,400 represents less than 10,500 visas.

For Africa the same 'Ukrainian Effect' exists for Ethiopia and Nigeria. In addition, the cutoff for those two and Egypt is less than 22,000. A rough estimation is that 22,000 represent no more than 15,000 visas.

So the total is more around 30,000

Keep in mind that each region is autonomous, meaning that each region has its own quota of visas. For example, an estimation for Asia is something between 7,600-8,000 so 4,300 is about 55% of the visas, assuming that all interviews will be successful.

The highest CN for Asia in May was ~10,000. In October they selected/informed even more winners so they believe that ~30% of the interviews will not be successful...

If you got a headache out of all this then this is good - it will take your mind off the negative thoughts... :)

I have a question about issuing DV VISA. For example, In a THREE members of family, a wife got selected winner. That means her husband and her son also have chance to get the DV VISA. If they are fulfill all the requirements, they will get total number of THREE DV VISA. Do we have any information about the how many or percentage of DV VISA issuing for each DV selected winner in the past years? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
heyy friends,
Will the Republicans new STEM act affect the 2013 DV program or the Democrat Senate won't even review it like before??? much worried about whatz gonna happen next????? post your ideas and speculations here...

I have a question about issuing DV VISA. For example, In a THREE members of family, a wife got selected winner. That means her husband and her son also have chance to get the DV VISA. If they are fulfill all the requirements, they will get total number of THREE DV VISA. Do we have any information about the how many or percentage of DV VISA issuing for each DV selected winner in the past years? Thanks.

AFAIK, yes, a DV visa will be given to each of the applicants, both the principal applicant (the winner) and all his or her derivatives (spouses and child(ren)), provided of course they were indicated in the initial application and were meeting all criteria.
Your second question, there are some statistics online, since there are about 100 000 selectees (or a little more with the extra selection) and there are 50 000 visas awarded, the ratio is very roughly 1:2. However, only about half of the visas go to principal selectees, very roughly half goes to derivatives.
But I think it's very little to worry about if you are a winner, and meet all criteria and pass the interview, you, the winner, and all eligible derivates should get a visa. They will only call you for an interview if a visa is available anyway.

heyy friends,
Will the Republicans new STEM act affect the 2013 DV program or the Democrat Senate won't even review it like before??? much worried about whatz gonna happen next????? post your ideas and speculations here...

I think there is another thread for that discussion already.