Visa Bulletin For January 2006 is out

EB3 india jumped 5 months

which is not bad at all. If there are not that many apps for past years, dates should move faster as lot of people predicted...

gc__aspirant said:
which is not bad at all. If there are not that many apps for past years, dates should move faster as lot of people predicted...
And stop when they rich 2001. Worldwide date is moving only 15 days every bulletin.

Why is every country (EB3) stuck at April 01?

Guys and Gals,

I know about the 245i (unskilled and undocumented workers) filing by the thousands in April 01 but that should affect on the unskilled workers category. The country quota for China, India and other countries should keep their dates moving past April 01. Why then are dates for almost every EB3 country moving to April 01 and getting stuck? Anyone have a good reason?

regards,

saras76

saras,

that is what I dont understand too.
I guess, the undocumented workers fall under H2-B, which is also an employment based category.

Well they are taking jump of 6 months in every category.
INDIA EB1 are getting close! JULY 2003 is just 2.5 year old!! and with 6 months jupms it will not take more to become current!!

Only Problem is that your application should fall under current processing dates for I-485 and Priority Date.

Sets and subsets and of course intersections...good old maths

Sandy2000 said:
Only Problem is that your application should fall under current processing dates for I-485 and Priority Date.

Sets and subsets and of course intersections...good old maths

Thats correct! Now i beleive PD for EB1 is I-140 filling date and NSc is now processing APR 2004. .............I hope in next few months they will move ahead to end of 2004!!!

I am still in loop. My PD is Mar 2001/EB3 India. 485 is filed for me but not for my wife yet. I have to appear for an interview soon ... when o when do I file for her 485 ?

What if my application is approved before her 485 is filed ?

Does anyone have any idea how much a lawyer phone consultation would charge for 20 minutes call ?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You are wrong. The 245i guys, if they have 2 years of experience, they will be counted as skilled workers and will take visa numbers from EB3 category. EB3 consists of professionals (4 year bachelor degree) and skilled workers (2 years experience without any degree).

This is the reason why worldwide and every other country gets stuck when they reach months of jan - april 2001.

saras76 said:
Guys and Gals,

I know about the 245i (unskilled and undocumented workers) filing by the thousands in April 01 but that should affect on the unskilled workers category. The country quota for China, India and other countries should keep their dates moving past April 01. Why then are dates for almost every EB3 country moving to April 01 and getting stuck? Anyone have a good reason?

regards,

saras76

Some centers were processing EB3 April 2001 LCs for FOUR years!
If EB3 moves at this pace pre-2001, I dred to think how if will
move past 2001.

Yes but what about the per country visa

WhyThisDelay said:
You are wrong. The 245i guys, if they have 2 years of experience, they will be counted as skilled workers and will take visa numbers from EB3 category. EB3 consists of professionals (4 year bachelor degree) and skilled workers (2 years experience without any degree).

This is the reason why worldwide and every other country gets stuck when they reach months of jan - april 2001.

WhyThisDelay,

I agree that I am wrong about them being unskilled. However what about the per country quota. I do not believe that a lot of the 245i cases are from India and China. Why then are their dates not moving past April 01. A visa allotted for the country of India cannot go to a 245i case for some other country? Why do thousands of 245i cases affect every other country. They should have an effect on the rest of the world dates only.

regards,

saras76

These 245i cases were there in June05 when PD for EB3 India was June02

Saras
These 245i cases were pending in June2005 too, when PD for EB3 India was June2002. So there seems to be no rhyme or logic for the retrogression :mad:

saras76 said:
WhyThisDelay,

I agree that I am wrong about them being unskilled. However what about the per country quota. I do not believe that a lot of the 245i cases are from India and China. Why then are their dates not moving past April 01. A visa allotted for the country of India cannot go to a 245i case for some other country? Why do thousands of 245i cases affect every other country. They should have an effect on the rest of the world dates only.

regards,

saras76

Hi Saras.

Your point is valid - but does not include the bigger picture. Two important things:
1) It is untrue that there are no 245i cases from India. In the city where I am located, I met a taxi driver who came illegally from my state in India via Mexico - if I can randomly meet such person, I can only imagine how many more people might have come from India from all states.
2) More importantly you have to take into account that India/China just have 2800 visas each in the EB3 category (including family members) . In the past this was not a big issue, since India/China people got visas from wordwide category - but now they will not get it since worldwide is also backlogged. So the movement of EB3 queue for India/China will be reaaaalllly slow, once it reaches Jan-April 2001. (By one estimate, India/China EB3 people were consuming 45000 worldwide visas per annum, before reterogression - which now they will not be able to consume)

For more detailed analysis, read the posts by guru named 'UnitedNations' in this thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1304150#post1304150

saras76 said:
WhyThisDelay,

regards,

saras76

Two questions?

1. Are there 245i cases in EB2/India?
2.Is NIW given preference in processing of I 485 than other catogeries in EB2?
3.Is NIW EB1 or EB2?

Understood

unitednations said:
india doesn't get more then 7.1% of the greencards. They are only entitled to more then that number if the rest of the world is current. They essentially use the "unused greencards" from other countries.

Do the math: 7.1% times 42,000=2,800 greencards for india in eb3 each year.

posted just after "whythisdelay". His is more thorough posting.

unitednations and whythisdelay,

Thanks for the insight. What you said makes sense. I know that India does not get more than 7.1% of the greencards. What I did not know is that unused visa numbers "AUTOMATICALLY" get allotted to Indians or Chinese or any other categories if they are not used up. I thought they go unused each year. That is why they are being recaptured under this new bill. If they automatically get alloted to other countries that need visas then why are so many leftover each year.

My next qyestion is that there must be thousdands of EB3 cases from India between 98-99 and that is why the EB3 for India is in 99? A little hard to believe but maybe true. I was just trying to understand this messed up process. When you are being abused by a certain law or process it is good to know esactly how it is being done.

Anyway, the point is that these are all LAME BRAIN policies adopted without any thought. They cannot be justified or reasoned with. They have to be understood and accepted.

regards,

saras76